Grades: 9-12 | 257 students
- Founded in 1845, Tilton School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory school serving students from 9th to 12th grade and postgraduates.
- Tilton School challenges students to embrace and navigate a world marked by diversity and change.
- Through the quality of human relationships, Tilton School's faculty cultivates in its students the curiosity, the skills, the knowledge and understanding, the character and the integrity requisite for the passionate pursuit of lifelong personal success and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to Moderate Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||257 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus (AB), AP Calculus (BC), AP Chemistry, AP Economics, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP French, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US Government & Politics, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1600|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$57,200|
|Admissions Director||Candace Landroche|
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Trudel|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cycling, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Weightlifting, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,
Basketball, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Lacrosse, Mountain Biking,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club Hockey, Community Service, Recreational Skiing & Snowboarding, Studio Arts, Theater Productions, Yearbook Club Hockey, Studio Arts, Yearbook, Community Service,
Recreational Skiing & Snowboarding,
- Tilton is a school where you will be challenged; a school where you will be encouraged to seek, find and explore your passions; a school that will push you to attain and surpass your goals. Most importantly, Tilton is a school where you will have an amazing journey discovering your own Power of Potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AshburnhamGrades: 9-12 | 400 students
PO Box 8000, 39 School Street
Ashburnham, MA 01430
Saxtons RiverGrades: 9-12 | 246 students
P.O. Box 500
Saxtons River, VT 05154
New HamptonGrades: 9-12 | 310 students
70 Main Street
New Hampton, NH 03256
GillGrades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
PutneyGrades: 9-12 | 226 students
418 Houghton Brook Rd
Putney, VT 05346
Tilton made all the difference in my life. My public high school was a good school and I was doing okay academically, but I knew I was missing something. After searching for the "right fit" boarding school, Tilton was the place that felt like home to me from the moment I set foot on campus. And I was not disappointed. Tilton's teachers are inspiring and caring. They get to know you, not just as a student, but as a whole person. I can honestly say that going to Tilton was the best decision I have ever made! I was well prepared for college and for life. I wish everyone could experience a place as wonderful as Tilton School!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - happi
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.