Grades: 6-12 | 482 students
- TMI is the Flagship school of the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas, educating boys and girls in grades 6-12.
- TMI is also the oldest Episcopal Church sponsored-College Preparatory school in the Southwest United States.
- TMI offers a day school and a five or seven day Boarding Program.
- The 73 seniors in the Class of 2015 earned over 8.9 million dollars in scholarship offers.
- We welcome International students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
Association of Military Colleges and Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||482 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calc_AB, Calc_BC, Chemistry, English, English Lit, Eur_History, Government and Politics, Latin, Latin Lit, Physics, Spanish, Stats, Sudio_Art, US_History|
|Average SAT score||1820|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 6-8 (Day Students) $21,345 Grades 9-12(Day Students) $22,600 5 Day Residential Program 8-12 $40,890 7 Day Residential Program 8-12 $44,840 International 7 Day Residential Life 9-12 $47205|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Aaron Hawkins|
|Admissions Associate||Alanna Nichols|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBallet, Baseball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Drill Team, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Honor Council, Interact Club, Interact Community Service Organization, International Club, JROTC, JROTC Color Guard, JROTC Honor Guard, JROTC Orienteering, JROTC Rifle Team, JROTC Saber Guard, Japanese Club, Junior Act Community Service Organization, Junior State of America, Literary Magazine, Newspaper, Romanian Club, SADD, Spanish Club, Student Council, TMI Priceless People Mentoring Organization, Technical Crew for Productions Honor Council, Interact Club, JROTC, Japanese Club, Newspaper, Romanian Club, SADD, Spanish Club, Interact Community Service Organization,
JROTC Color Guard,
JROTC Honor Guard,
JROTC Rifle Team,
JROTC Saber Guard,
Junior Act Community Service Organization,
Junior State of America,
TMI Priceless People Mentoring Organization,
Technical Crew for Productions,
- The Margaret M and Albert B Alkek Scholarship is awarded to 2 new TMI students each year who are entering the 9th grade with a strong academic background and leadership potential. These two full tuition four year scholarships require a completed application for admission and an Alkek scholarship application to be completed by January 11th. Contact the admission office at 210-698-7171.
Profile last updated: 08/31/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 385 students
16801 Huebner Rd
San Antonio, TX 78258
San AntonioGrades: 6-12 | 365 students
1215 N. St. Mary's Street
San Antonio, TX 78215
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.