Grades: 2-6 | 16 students
- Toluca 'Crossroads' is a small, private school and childcare facility, founded some 35 years ago on the belief that the early years are of major importance to a child's overall development, physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially.
- Non-denominational, we aim for diversity.
- our children come in all sizes, shapes and colors, most of them by recommendation.
- We believe "There are many faiths, but the spirit is one, in me, in every man." We are developmentally oriented.
- "What we want to see is the child in pursuit of knowledge, not knowledge in pursuit of the child."We are a small school and not just a school, we are a way of life.
- Our primary focus is not solely on the academics, but also on a sense of values, values such as appreciation, consideration, tolerance and patience, compassion, truthfulness and respect, and self-discipline as well as self-worth.
- We are working hard to maintain a relaxed, flexible, inquisitive atmosphere with a curriculum serving those well who plan to go on to college prep-schools, but a curriculum also remembering that we are all better at one thing or other; as such we also do cater to the various talents of art, music, crafts.
- Feeling good about yourself is much more conducive to learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-6|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Valley VillageGrades: PK-8 | 186 students
5243 Laurel Canyon Blvd
Valley Village, CA 91607
North HollywoodGrades: K-8 | 305 students
4832 Tujunga Ave
North Hollywood, CA 91601
North HollywoodGrades: K-12 | 762 students
11230 Moorpark Street/11600 Magnolia Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91602
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.