Grades: PK-12 | 418 students
- Tri-Cities Christian Schools was founded in 1973 as an independent, non-profit educational institution chartered by the state of Tennessee and operated by a Board of Directors.
- TCCS is a nondenominational school that exists for the purpose of educating preschool through senior high students and making this education genuinely a Christian education.
- The first school building occupied by TCCS was located at 1200 East Center St. in Kingsport, TN. Four classrooms rented from the city of Kingsport served as both office and classrooms for grades 9, 10, 11 in the fall of 1973 with twenty seven students in attendance on opening day.
- The mission of Tri-Cities Christian Schools is to provide the family with a Christ-centered, biblically directed education that instills the vision and practice of excellence in academics, character, co-curricular activities and service to others.
- TCCS now has five campuses serving the Tri-Cities area located in Blountville, Bristol, Gray, Kingsport, and Johnson City.
- The basis of Tri-Cities Christian Schools is the infallible Word of God, found in both the Old and New Testaments.
- We hold to the sovereignty of God, revealed in the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- We submit unconditionally to the authority of the Holy Scriptures; thereby, we recognize Scripture to be the highest and final standard for Christian education and for all matters of life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||418 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.