- Trinity Lutheran School is a Lutheran Christian Day School.
- As Lutherans we believe and teach that the Bible is the true source of Christian love, guidance and doctrine.
- We accept the Apostles', Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds as true expressions of our faith.
- We believe that we are justified before God by grace through faith in Jesus, God's Son and our Savior.
- We believe that our salvation depends upon what God has done for us.
- We teach that a person is free in Christ, that our lives are a response to God's great love for us.
- The Gospel of Jesus offers us forgiveness and eternal life through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Trinity provides a quality Christian education in partnership with the home which addresses the physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs of children.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||194 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 12%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(khaki pants, polos in pre-approved colors)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,350|
|Tuition Notes||Discount for more than one child in family attending grades K-8, and/or membership at Trinity Luth. Church. Need based scholarships available.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chorus, Geography Bee, Lego League, Science Fair, Spelling Bee, Spring Operetta Band, Chorus, Geography Bee, Lego League, Science Fair, Spelling Bee, Spring Operetta,
Trinity has been providing exceptional Lutheran education in the Cedar Rapids community for over 125 years. Our objective is to provide a quality Christian education in a caring environment. To that end, we work to guide students in the following facets of their development:
- Character Building
Formal schooling is only part of a child's education. Together with you and your child, we work to contribute to your child's growth and development. Therefore, Trinity Lutheran School exists to:
- Share the Good News of Jesus Christ by providing opportunity for children to daily study Scripture under the guidance of Christian teachers
- Assist parents in the Lutheran education of their children, and welcome families into a community of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ
- Encourage students to become active Christians through prayer, service, and worship
- Emphasize excellence in academic subjects, while providing current technology, music, the arts, and physical education as an integral part of their studies.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cedar RapidsGrades: NS-12 | 202 students
3636 Cottage Grove Ave Se
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
Cedar RapidsGrades: PK-8 | 133 students
1010 Regent Street NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402