- University Christian High School is in partnership with Lenoir-Rhyne University.
- The UCHS campus will be located next to the campus of Lenoir-Rhyne University to allow the students at UCHS to use the university's athletic facilities, the cafeteria, library and science labs.
- Ninth and tenth graders will take all their classes at the high school.
- Juniors and Seniors have the opportunity to take most of their classes as college classes.
- These classes are dual enrollment classes and count as both high school and college credit.
- Students may graduate from high school with up to 30 hours of college credit.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus A/B (even years only), Computer Science (odd years only), Environmental Science, Government & Politics (even years only), US History|
|Average SAT score||1678|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(collared shirts with jeans or khakis)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,780|
|Tuition Notes||12-Month Tuition Payment Plan available from June to May.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Bill Unverfehrt|
|Admissions Associate||Lori Bedder|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess Club, Debate Team, Envirothon Team, Glee Club, National Honor Society, Robotics Club, Student Council, Yearbook Art Club, Chess Club, Debate Team, Glee Club, Robotics Club, Yearbook, Envirothon Team,
National Honor Society,
- University Christian High School offers the students in the Hickory area the opportunity to receive a strong academic Christian education. The students in ninth and tenth grades take all of the classes that have NC End of Course tests. They will also have the opportunity to take on-line elective classes. We offer an SAT Prep class their tenth grade year. This is designed to help them score well on their SAT tests. Sophomores will also have two AP classes. Juniors and Seniors have the opportunity to take any of the entry level classes offered at LR or other AP classes. The selection of classes available to Juniors and Seniors is more extensive than any other high school in the area.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ConoverGrades: K-12 | 96 students
4643 County Home Road
Conover, NC 28613
HickoryGrades: PK-12 | 109 students
1225 29th Avenue Dr NE
Hickory, NC 28601
HickoryGrades: PK-12 | 451 students
3260 6th St. Dr. NW
Hickory, NC 28601
As a parent of a UCHS student, I would highly recommend this school. UCHS provides the opportunity for excellent academics in a Christian atmosphere. We feel very honored and blessed that UCHS was available for our student.
- Posted by Parent - abeth