- Valley Beth Shalom Harold M. Schulweis Day School, a K-6 Solomon Schechter elementary school, offers a superior education and enriching foundation for life`s journey.
- Students thrive in an environment that focuses on academic excellence, strong Jewish values, a dynamic community, and personal growth.
- Students reach their learning potential guided by talented teachers through individual learning approaches and small group instruction.
- Established in 1978, VBS Day School has more than 30 years of experience.
- Affiliated with the Solomon Schecter Day School Association, VBS has a rich history and a unique community fostered by the involvement of parents, VBS rabbis and cantors, and a thriving synagogue that engages the entire family in Jewish life.
- Upon commencement, VBS Day School students have attained much more than a high quality education.
- They have discovered an academic, emotional, and spiritual basis for life`s journey as it continues beyond secondary school and into adulthood showing that they can make a difference in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,550|
|Tuition Notes||1,000 new student fee 100 parent org dues 100 supplemental fee synagogue membership (approximately $3,000)|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Tal Barak|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,
Flag Football, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||art, cooking, drama, karate, mathemagic, sports art, cooking, drama, karate, mathemagic, sports,|
- Our mission is to empower each child to reach his/her potential as a confident, skilled, and passionate learner with a strong Jewish identity. Exceptional, forward-thinking academic general and Judaic studies programs emphasize inquiry, critical thinking, and creativity while instilling Jewish ethics, values, spirituality, a personal connection to Israel, and a strong sense of social responsibility. Embraced by a nurturing and dynamic community, our students build a foundation that fosters academic achievement, celebrates the joy of Jewish life, and cultivates a desire to make a difference in the world.
People that viewed Valley Beth Shalom Harold M. Schulweis Day School also viewed these schools: International School of Los Angeles - Lycee International (LILA) - West Valley Campus, Woodcrest School, Manhattan Academy I, Abraham Joshua Heschel Day School and Kadima Day School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TarzanaGrades: NS-5 | 133 students
5933 Lindley Ave
Tarzana, CA 91356
TarzanaGrades: K-8 | 186 students
6043 Tampa Ave.
Tarzana, CA 91356
EncinoGrades: PK-5 | 73 students
17719 Palora Street
Encino, CA 91316
NorthridgeGrades: K-8 | 400 students
17701 Devonshire St
Northridge, CA 91325
West HillsGrades: NS-8 | 256 students
7011 Shoup Avenue
West Hills, CA 91307
VBS Day School provides the very best education for my child! He is thriving in his kindergarten class and comes home excited to return to school each day. The dual curriculum and Hebrew immersion style of teaching are so outstanding! I continue to be impressed by VBSDS each day and know I made the right decision!
- Posted by Parent - elana
Nearby Homes for Salerealtor.com™
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.