Grades: 9-12 | 390 students
Valley Christian High School is Arizona`s only nationally ranked private, Christian high school, providing students a distinctly Christian education with excellent academics, championship athletics, award-winning fine arts and a supporting community that encourages spiritual growth and the success of our students in and out of the classroom.
VCHS is ranked as one of the Top 50 Christian high schools in the U.S. and the best Christian high school in Arizona by The Best Schools.
The mission of Valley Christian High School is for students to know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, live like Him, and prepare academically, physically, socially and spiritually, so they are enabled to make a difference in the world.
More than 380 students attend Valley Christian in grades 9-12 on our campus in Chandler, Arizona.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Supported on an individual basis.|
|Total Students||390 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Dual Enrollment Accounting, Dual Enrollment English, Dual Enrollment Math, Dual Enrollment Sports Medicine, Economics, English, European History, Government, Spanish, US History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,220|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Bryan Winfrey|
|Admissions Associate||Tina Kidd|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Blue Crew, Bridges, Ministry Development, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Robotics, Student Council, Valley Ambassadors Blue Crew, Bridges, Robotics, Ministry Development,
National Art Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
- Valley Christian very intentionally focuses on the mission to equip students by preparing them spiritually, academically, physically and socially. Faculty, students and staff are devoted to creating a Christ-centered environment that fosters spiritual growth as well as academic and personal excellence.
- ACADEMICS: A college prep emphasis with Biblical integration in every course. In 2015, our average graduate was awarded $53,000 in college scholarships with 99% being accepted to the school of their first choice. Our students have been accepted into top private schools, state university honors programs and out-of-state public institutions. The V.I.N.E. Special Education program also allows for individualized instruction.
- ATHLETICS: In 28 years, Trojan athletic teams have won 65 state championships. We offer 17 AIA sanctioned interscholastic sports. Inaugural recipient of the Arizona Director`s Cup Award and seven-time recipient of the Overall Excellence Award. Since 2012, we have produced the most All-Academic selections in the state. VCHS was voted as one of the Top 12 Athletic Programs in the Nation and the Best in Arizona by The USA Today in 2016.
- ARTS: A nationally-recognized choir and award winning instrumental music, drama and visual arts program offers students a broad range of creative opportunities. Students produce exceptional work and share their gifts with thousands every year in productions, exhibits and performances.
- SPIRITUAL: In addition to every course being intentionally instructed from a distinctly Christian worldview, our students experience daily Bible classes and devotionals, weekly Chapels and small discipleship groups. Students drive our Chapels and are engaged with the planning and production each week.
- STUDENT LIFE: Students are involved in a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities through various clubs, activities and organizations. Opportunities for community include the Blue Crew, Homecoming Week, home games, school dances and assemblies, Thanksgiving Vespers and Trojan Tournament.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChandlerGrades: 9-12 | 588 students
1150 N. Dobson Road
Chandler, AZ 85224
GilbertGrades: PK-12 | 770 students
3632 E. Jasper Drive
Gilbert, AZ 85296
WhitinsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 575 students
279 Linwood Ave
Whitinsville, MA 01588
TempeGrades: PK-8 | 204 students
1200 E Southern Avenue
Tempe, AZ 85282
PhoenixGrades: NS-12 | 1298 students
16401 N. 43rd Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85053
VCHS has extremely dedicated teachers. They prepared me for college and for life beyond. An outstanding athletics and fine arts program as well with many opportunities you would expect at only a big school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bwwin
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.