Grades: NS-12 | 290 students
- Valley Fellowship Christian Academy is a Christ-centered, academically focused school.
- Our school was founded in 1987.
- We have been greatly blessed with excellent teachers and an extraordinary student body.
- Our program is integrated with the Biblical standard of educating the "whole student"; mind, body and spirit. Academic excellence, spiritual awareness, physical soundness combine together to form the basis of our program.
- VFCA provides training for children in Biblical values, leadership, academic preparedness and social responsibility. Our students are encouraged to exercise confidence in their abilities to lead and make decisions. Students are given opportunities to come to know God and make Him known in the Tennessee Valley and around the world. Through public awareness, our students are learning to take responsibility for their local community. Globally, our students are making a difference as they work to improve the physical and spiritual lives of people in Guatemala, Colombia, Peru, Brazil, Asia, and numerous countries in Africa.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUEF)
Other religious school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||290 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniforms purchased from Dennis Uniform Company)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on age of child and number of children in the household. Nursery/daycare fees are paid weekly and are available by contacting the school. Yearly tuition rates are: K5 $3,900; grades 1st-4th $4,000; grades 5th-8th $4,150; and grad|
|Admissions Director||Leanne Tedesco|
|Admissions Associate||Alina Johnston|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Children's Prayer Network, Community Outreach, Missions Outreach, Music Appreciation, Private Piano and Guitar lessons, Writing Club Writing Club, Children's Prayer Network,
Private Piano and Guitar lessons,
- VFCA serving the Tennessee Valley for more than 20 years.
- Offering programs for Nursery - 12th grade.
- Using ABeka and Bob Jones Curriculum
- Provides computer and piano labs.
- Summer care available for 5-12 year olds
- Utilizes AR, STAR reading and math, annual SAT's and PSAT assessments.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HuntsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 121 students
175 W Park Loop Nw
Huntsville, AL 35806
HuntsvilleGrades: K-12 | 935 students
1005 Drake Avenue SE
Huntsville, AL 35802
HuntsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 371 students
7290 Whitesburg Drive S
Huntsville, AL 35802
DecaturGrades: KG-12 | 408 students
Po Box 5659
Decatur, AL 35601
HuntsvilleGrades: PK-8 | 103 students
1699 Old Dry Creek Rd
Huntsville, AL 35806
I like the way that the school is run. I think it says a lot when the parents like their school's administration, and that is what I have at Valley Fellowship Christian Academy.
- Posted by Parent - aselb
VFCA focuses on raising leaders in a safe and caring environment. I recommend them to everybody in search of a great school.
- Posted by Parent - sally
Education standards are of the utmost importance at VFCA. They have great teachers and a great staff who will go above and beyond to help in a way possible.
- Posted by Parent - easyw
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.