Grades: NS-8 | 465 students
- Van Avery Prep provides a superior college-preparatory education in a diverse, family-oriented environment that meets the academic, social, creative, emotional and physical needs of the individual student.
- Students are taught academic and extracurricular subjects with the common theme being the integration of a logical and useful progression of learning tools.
- This process helps children develop skills which serve as a basis for a lifetime of learning in addition to preparing them for the rigorous curriculum presented in our middle school.
- The information presented at each grade level integrates and builds upon the one before and prepares the student for the level to follow.
- At Van Avery Prep, we believe that every child should have a strong foundation in phonics; learn the rules of spelling, grammar, and written and oral English; emerge from our program as capable problem solvers who are able to use the latest technology and communicate mathematically; develop a firm foundation in geography, history, and science; participate in the visual and performing arts; develop critical thinking skills; learn to be proficient in a second language; and develop a love of their country and become productive citizens.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||465 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.