Grades: PK-8 | 133 students
We are part of the largest and fastest growing independent, nondenominational educational movements in the world with nearly 1,000 Waldorf schools in 50 countries.
Our goal is to prepare students to enter adulthood with the capacities of self-discipline, independence, analytical and critical thinking skills, respect for their fellow human beings, and reverence for the world's beauty and wonder.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No commercial advertising or TV images on clothing)
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
- Waldorf education has a 90-year track record of proven learning techniques backed up by research in brain development, kinesthetic learning, and emotional intelligence.
- To see the whole in every part, to engage the head, heart and hands: this is the endeavor of Waldorf education.
- Founded in Stuttgart, Germany, in 1919, by Austrian philosopher Rudolf Steiner, Waldorf schools arose from the widespread search for new social and educational values after World War I.
- Waldorf education is even more relevant today. Our children need to become confident, creative thinkers who possess a respect and reverence for life and a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Each school is operated autonomously and acknowledges the uniqueness of its local community, yet all Waldorf schools are united by a common educational philosophy.
- The Waldorf School of Santa Barbara offers a unique combination of classic academics anchored by an arts-rich curriculum. Waldorf students from nursery through grade eight are engaged in a dynamic learning process through which they develop the skills and motivation for a lifetime of learning.
- The Waldorf School of Santa Barbara is a vibrant school community where faculty and administration work with families to support and provide the best possible school life experiences for the students.
- We offer prospective families regular opportunities to visit our campuses and discover the depth and beauty of our curriculum in action through events such as "Walks through the Grades" and Open House, as well as private tours.
- We realize that researching schools can be an exciting and challenging endeavor. We are here to answer your questions and concerns, and assist you in any way possible. We look forward to meeting you.
Profile last updated: 07/29/2015
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GoletaGrades: NS-9 | 165 students
7421 Mirano Dr
Goleta, CA 93117
GoletaGrades: 2-8 | 19 students
401 N Fairview Ave Room 11
Goleta, CA 93117
GoletaGrades: K-8 | 117 students
5950 Cathedral Oaks Rd
Goleta, CA 93117
Santa BarbaraGrades: NS-8 | 267 students
160 Saint Josephs St
Santa Barbara, CA 93111
Santa BarbaraGrades: 3-8 | 7 students
425 Arroyo Rd
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
The Waldorf School of Santa Barbara is an incredible school with a strong and committed faculty, students who race to their classrooms each morning, eager and excited to learn, and a passionate, community-driven parent body. As an employee of the school, it is a lovely place to work; the atmosphere is warm, full of heart, surrounded by colleagues, parents and faculty who deeply care about what they do. This love for one's respective work is palpable when you step on campus; this school is a living model of community in action, working together to create good in the world, working together to nurture and support the children into becoming their brightest selves.
- Posted by Administrator - nita
My daughter is in the first grade and in her third year with the school. I was looking for a school that would honor my daughters true self and provide her with the whole self learning. I didn't want her to be mearly a test score and number, I want her to be nurtured and taught to utilize all aspects of her creative mind, body and spirit. I am so grateful we have a Waldorf school in Santa Barbara steeped in the rich traditions of Waldorf education. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a full enriching education for their child or children.
- Posted by Parent - hbond
Both of my sons attended the Waldorf School of Santa Barbara from preschool through the eighth grade. I am very grateful they were been able to do so. It has been a great gift to them and to our family. It offers a broad, deep education that integrates creativity into academic learning through art, music, movement and practical skills. Waldorf education honors each individual while supporting their growth into their fullest possible selves. The children gain confidence and a strong sense of self, along with respect for others and for the world around them. Along the way they are given a solid academic foundation for the journeys to come. They are well prepared for the transition to high school and beyond. Thank you Waldorf School!
- Posted by Parent - lisa.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.
November 09, 2016
Private School Review has a robust search engine which will make your private school search process much easier to do. Here are some tips on how to use this tool.
November 09, 2016
We take a look at the enormous impact a private foundation can have on education.