- Walther Christian Academy is more than college prep.
- Walther ministers to God’s young people by nurturing and educating the total student.
- Walther assists families by promoting spiritual, academic, social and physical development in a Christ-centered environment.
- Walther is a college preparatory school with a comprehensive curriculim of core, honors, AP, and college credit classes. 100% college acceptance, and outstanding athletic and extracurricular groups makes Walther a wonderful place for students to grow.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
Illinois Coalition of Nonpublic Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||320 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||80 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniform dress with variety options)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 13 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,450|
|Tuition Notes||Paid over the 10 months of the school year or 12 months of the calendar year|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Kyle Clauss|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Sailing, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- BENEFITS OF A WALTHER EDUCATION
- Experience More. Unlike any other area school can, we methodically empower you to explore and enhance your individual intellect, spirituality, leadership abilities, athleticism, musicality, artistry, and even stagecraft – sometimes all during the same school day – as our faculty, staff and coaches collaborate to ensure you have the opportunity to discover your personal potential (and maybe even yourself) by experiencing as many curriculars and extracurriculars as your young heart desires.
- Grow in a Collegiate Atmosphere. Managed class sizes, varied and advanced college-level courses, candid classroom discussions, accessible and collaborative faculty, and an accepting school-wide environment make Walther seem more like a university environment than a high school one, ultimately encouraging you to take some chances, to open your mind, and to grow more from your high school experience than you or your parents ever imagined possible.
- Change the World. Year after year, our seniors are consistently accepted into the best colleges and universities throughout Illinois and across the country, enabling them to acquire the credentials they need to pursue their dreams so that years from now, long after they’ve left Walther, these doctors, actors, soldiers, teachers, parents, entrepreneurs, disciples, civic leaders, musicians, pastors and overall compassionate human beings will change the world for the better.Connect with Anyone. The sheer diversity of Walther’s close-knit student body – their native cultures, their far-flung neighborhoods, their dynamic backgrounds, their remarkable life experiences – equips you with the empathy, communication skills and social awareness to meaningfully connect with anyone, anywhere, whether Life someday leads you to Cape Town or Dubai, Hong Kong or Barcelona, or simply into a meaningful encounter with someone far different than yourself.
- Become Who You Were Meant To Be. In addition to proactively adapting their daily teaching styles to how you individually learn best, our faculty – each genuinely expert in their subject matter, and every one personally invested in your growth – are always willing to work with you before and after school to ensure you develop the academic skills, knowledge, confidence and character to become the student God created you to be and the man or woman we know you are meant to be.
- Find God Here. Whether you come from a family that doesn’t practice a particular religion or one whose god is different than our own, you will find Christ here – in the classrooms, in the hallways, in the chapel music, in the new relationships you build with classmates and teachers, alike – and He will find you, enlighten you, comfort you, inspire you, and guide you, in good times and bad.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WestchesterGrades: 9-12 | 597 students
10900 West Cermak Road
Westchester, IL 60154
Oak ParkGrades: 9-12 | 1184 students
505 Washington Blvd
Oak Park, IL 60302
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 429 students
3633 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
River ForestGrades: 9-12 | 534 students
7574 Division St
River Forest, IL 60305
BurbankGrades: 9-12 | 361 students
7659 Linder Ave
Burbank, IL 60459