Grades: NS-6 | 96 students
- Waseca School is offering a Montessori education to a diverse community for over a decade.
- Waseca School seeks to create a peaceful and diverse educational community serving as a link to a solution for the children of the earth.
- Presently, over 150 children ages one to twelve benefit from the unique educational environment Waseca has to offer.
- Children are oriented at an early age to function independently in the classroom, choosing their own work, taking responsibility for putting it away and cleaning up after themselves.
- At Waseca, freedom and responsibility go hand-in-hand and children are encouraged to make choices.
- Lead teachers are Montessori trained and prepare the environment on an ongoing basis so that children are drawn to the work and meaningful activity.
- After an initial lesson by the teacher, the child has the opportunity to practice on their own and learn by doing.
- Using this method, teachers act as facilitators and children learn to learn. Skill and knowledge acquired in this way enhances the child’s self-esteem and stimulates his or her natural love of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mariel Blake|
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.