Grades: K-12 | 150 students
Students do hands-on activities to learn about science and other subjects. Here they are learning the simple machines, specifically the pulley.
Lower School students learn the basics of medical hygiene and what happens when you go to the doctor's office, etc.
Social studies classes include visits to places related to the subjects they are studying such as this Buddhist monastery.
Washburn Academy students learn life skills such as: basic mechanics, financial planning, taxes, mortgages, cooking, baking and sewing.
- Washburn Academy is a Kindergarten-12th grade (ages 3-18) secular, private school in Clearwater, FL. Washburn Academy is open year-round from 8:20 am - 5:30 pm. The Washburn Academy program is competency based and mastery of subjects at the level of instruction is required before students progress onto the next level.
- Each grade involves demonstration of competency in grade standards.
- Our graduates exceed national standards and many graduate with honors.
- Free college (dual enrollment) programs are offered to High School students, many of whom tested into honors college classes.
- Qualifying students have the opportunity to graduate with honors and a two-year college degree through participation in dual enrollment with a local college.Washburn graduates receive scholarships and have been accepted to many major universities in and out of the state of Florida.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Football, Gymnastics, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts & Crafts, Choir, Drama, Karate, Piano Arts & Crafts, Choir, Drama, Karate, Piano,|
Washburn Academy is a Kindergarten-12th grade (ages 3-18) secular, private school in Clearwater, FL. Washburn Academy is open year-round from 8:20 am - 5:30 pm. Classroom hours are from 8:45 am - 3:15 pm.
- Mastery based program - Comprehension of subjects and material studied is of utmost importance; students master subjects at the level of instruction before they progress to the next level.
- Students are encouraged to think for themselves, evaluate information and draw their own conclusions.
- Hands-on learning
- Life skills program - graduates are knowlegable in and prepared to handle personal finance, taxes, mortgages, home economics and basic car care/mechanics.
- Personalized educational programs - students receive inidividualized programs to ensure they get the very best education
- Enthusiastic learning environment
- Friendly, family atmosphere
- Civic responsibility, community service and leadership program
- After school activities
- Extracurricular activities, including art, music, drama & sports
- Eligible students may take college courses while in High School
- Foreign language students accepted
- Tours and “free trial days” of the school are available
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ClearwaterGrades: PK-12 | 228 students
801 Drew Street
Clearwater, FL 33755
Tarpon SpringsGrades: K-12 | 250 students
1350 East Lake Road N
Tarpon Springs, FL 34688
ClearwaterGrades: PK-8 | 125 students
1644 Nursery Rd
Clearwater, FL 33756
Palm HarborGrades: 4-12 | 85 students
34054 Us Highway 19 N
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Palm HarborGrades: 9-12 | 12 students
P.O. Box 422
Palm Harbor, FL 34682
Washburn Academy is the greatest school ever created. I just graduated high school with honors. I first enrolled at Washburn Academy when I was 12. What is so amazing about this school is the fact that every teacher actually sincerely cares about the students. Not in the sense that they just want the student to pass tests, or spout back data. The teachers at Washburn Academy have one goal in mind for the students to achieve success in life. At this school I learned everything I would need in life to succeed, from how to do my taxes, balance my checkbook, take out a mortgage and even manage a credit card. I learned mechanics and basic car care. The way Washburn teaches their students is just as important as what they teach. Each student goes at their own pace, receiving one-on-one help from the staff members whenever they need it. At Washburn I did not feel like I was just at school, I felt part of a family. There are no cliques or groups. Everyone knows each other and they are friendly to one another. The school prides itself on not only helping students with their education, but also in life. Here is my personal experience. When I started at Washburn I was behind in many subjects. My only real strength was my reading level. Most schools told me I would never be able to catch up, or succeed. I hated math, I hated writing and I hated school. Now, I have graduated with honors. I took 37 credits of Dual Enrollment (college classes while in high school) which included College Algebra, Calculus, Humanities, Anatomy and Physiology and more. I love writing now, and on average can write an A grade level college paper of over 2,000 words in a little under two hours. I now love math and writing and I excel in these subjects. This school is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Washburn Academy empowered me to succeed. I caught up in all subjects and now have confidence in the subjects I had previously failed at. Because of Washburn Academy I know I will succeed in life. I know that whatever I choose to do, I will succeed in it and be able to live a full and happy life. Washburn Academy does not just educate students in studies; it educates them on how to succeed in life. Mickael P
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mikeg
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.