Grades: K-12 | 150 students
Students do hands-on activities to learn about science and other subjects. Here they are learning the simple machines, specifically the pulley.
Lower School students learn the basics of medical hygiene and what happens when you go to the doctor's office, etc.
Social studies classes include visits to places related to the subjects they are studying such as this Buddhist monastery.
Washburn Academy students learn life skills such as: basic mechanics, financial planning, taxes, mortgages, cooking, baking and sewing.
Washburn Academy is a Kindergarten-12th grade (ages 3-18) secular, private school in Clearwater, FL. Washburn Academy is open year-round from 8:20 am - 5:30 pm. The Washburn Academy program is competency based and mastery of subjects at the level of instruction is required before students progress onto the next level.
Each grade involves demonstration of competency in grade standards.
Our graduates exceed national standards and many graduate with honors.
Free college (dual enrollment) programs are offered to High School students, many of whom tested into honors college classes.
Qualifying students have the opportunity to graduate with honors and a two-year college degree through participation in dual enrollment with a local college.Washburn graduates receive scholarships and have been accepted to many major universities in and out of the state of Florida.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Football, Gymnastics, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts & Crafts, Choir, Drama, Karate, Piano Arts & Crafts, Choir, Drama, Karate, Piano,|
Washburn Academy is a Kindergarten-12th grade (ages 3-18) secular, private school in Clearwater, FL. Washburn Academy is open year-round from 8:20 am - 5:30 pm. Classroom hours are from 8:45 am - 3:15 pm.
- Mastery based program - Comprehension of subjects and material studied is of utmost importance; students master subjects at the level of instruction before they progress to the next level.
- Students are encouraged to think for themselves, evaluate information and draw their own conclusions.
- Hands-on learning
- Life skills program - graduates are knowlegable in and prepared to handle personal finance, taxes, mortgages, home economics and basic car care/mechanics.
- Personalized educational programs - students receive inidividualized programs to ensure they get the very best education
- Enthusiastic learning environment
- Friendly, family atmosphere
- Civic responsibility, community service and leadership program
- After school activities
- Extracurricular activities, including art, music, drama & sports
- Eligible students may take college courses while in High School
- Foreign language students accepted
- Tours and “free trial days” of the school are available
Profile last updated: 10/10/2014
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ClearwaterGrades: PK-12 | 228 students
801 Drew Street
Clearwater, FL 33755
Palm HarborGrades: 9-12 | 12 students
P.O. Box 422
Palm Harbor, FL 34682
Palm HarborGrades: 4-12 | 85 students
34054 Us Highway 19 N
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
ClearwaterGrades: NS-8 | 179 students
2669 N Mcmullen Booth Rd
Clearwater, FL 33761
ClearwaterGrades: K-12 | 86 students
845 Woodlawn Street
Clearwater, FL 33756