Grades: NS-8 | 218 students
- Waterfront Montessori is a parent-founded, parent-run school committed to excellence and to developing global leaders and citizens.
- Our philosophy and curriculum reflect the beliefs we've developed as a result of observing and nurturing our own children: We believe that each child is a unique and extraordinary individual with his or her own set of gifts, interests and needs; we believe that if we encourage the natural curiosity of each child, the child will develop confidence in his or her ability to master any subject or skill; and, we believe that if we respect and nurture what is already within each child, the child will have the opportunity to become everything he or she can be.
- Our primary goal is to foster a love of learning that our children will carry throughout their lives.
- By creating our vision of the best possible school for our own children, we believe that we can provide an extraordinary learning environment for yours.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||218 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 18|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies from $14,900 to $28,150 based on age/class and half/full/ext day hours.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Chris Viteznik|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ballet, Chess, French Club, Guitar, Java Programming, Karate, Make Lab, Mandarin, Piano, Robotics, Scratch Programming, Violin, Visual Arts Ballet, Chess, French Club, Guitar, Karate, Make Lab, Mandarin, Piano, Robotics, Violin, Visual Arts, Java Programming,
- Waterfront Montessori was founded in 2003 when a group of Jersey City mothers who were frustrated by both the limited educational options and the lack of enrichment activities for their children close to home decided to take matters into their own hands. We set out to create what we did want in a school: A place where our children could get an exceptional education; a place where the activities we wanted for them art, music, theater, foreign languages, movement were either part of the curriculum or otherwise offered; a place with talented and highly qualified teachers who would guide our children; and, a place in which we were confident our children would be as well off, if not better off, than in our care. We set out to create what is now Waterfront Montessori -- a parent-run school with strong community ties and a drive to achieve the highest educational standards for each and every child -- including our own. Our mission is to provide the highest caliber of well-rounded education, socially, emotionally, intellectually and artistically, for all children from all over the globe and from all walks of life, so that they may achieve their fullest potential as critical thinkers, learners, explorers, inventors, artists, leaders, and, ultimately, citizens of the world. Programs offered are:
- Toddler/Pre-Primary (Ages 2 to 3.5)
- Primary (Ages 3 through Kindergarten)
- Lower Elementary (Grades 1 and 2)
- Upper Elementary (Grades 3 through 5)
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (Grades 6 through 8. WFM is an authorized IB World School.)
Profile last updated: 06/14/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Jersey CityGrades: K-3 | 17 students
17 Erie St
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Jersey CityGrades: KG-8 | 235 students
41 Tuers Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07306
Jersey CityGrades: PK-8 | 197 students
509 Pavonia Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07306
HobokenGrades: NS-8 | 422 students
301 Garden St
Hoboken, NJ 07030
KearnyGrades: NS-12 | 198 students
22 Wilson Avenue
Kearny, NJ 07032
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.