- Wayside is dedicated to achieving the highest standards of quality and integrity in providing cutting edge education for youth which continue to struggle emotionally and academically.
- Through partnerships with family/guardians, certified special educators and licensed clinicians, Wayside Academy effectively addresses the complex needs of youth.
- Wayside Academy has demonstrated a strong success rate with MCAS achievement, stabilization of the learning process, credit acceleration, much improved student self esteem and commitment to learning.
- Our success comes through a blend of family support, emphasis on strength in social pragmatics, and strong educational services for building strength, hope and resiliency in youth, families and communities.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Specific Learning Impairments, Non Verbal Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||Lynne C Bennett Principal, Special Education Director|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Dance, Flag Football,
- Wayside Academy is an approved special education school for young adults, grades 7-12, who require therapeutic support in order to achieve. Wayside Academy also provides a Work Study program so students can generalize their social pragmatics in more realistic situation, yet receiving the coaching, guidance and support for immediate success.
Profile last updated: 12/22/2015
People that viewed Wayside Academy also viewed these schools: Boston College Campus School, Sudbury Valley School, Dearborn Academy, May Center School for Brain Injury and Related Disorders and Clearway School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Chestnut HillGrades: 1-12 | 26 students
Campion Hall Rm. 197
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
FraminghamGrades: PK-12 | 160 students
2 Winch St
Framingham, MA 01701
ArlingtonGrades: 1-12 | 148 students
34 Winter St
Arlington, MA 02474
BrocktonGrades: K-12 | 48 students
596 Summer St
Brockton, MA 02302
West NewtonGrades: 6-12 | 32 students
61 Chestnut St
West Newton, MA 02465