Grades: PK-12 | 422 students
Opportunities in the arts range from visual to performing to and music. Arts education begins in kindergarten and is an integral part of the curriculum through graduation. All students have the opportunity to participate in the All-School Musical, presented each fall.
Athletics are an integral piece of the Westchester student experience, with opportunities to play on Middle School, Junior Varsity and Varsity teams in a variety of sports.
Westchester students learn inside and outside of the classroom, with character education weaved through the curriculum in PK-12 classes. Lower School students grow vegetables which are utilized in the cafeteria; Middle School students travel to area schools and nursing homes to donate their time; Upper School students must complete a service project as a requirement for graduation.
Westchester Country Day School values high academic standards in grades PK-12 and boasts 100% college acceptances for graduating seniors.
Westchester Country Day School considers it a vital part of our mission to make our college preparatory program available to talented and ambitious students throughout the Triad regardless of the family's ability to pay. With this goal in mind, WCDS offers a range of tuitions to help bright students and their families to join our school.
- Westchester Country Day is a college preparatory school that seeks to educate each child toward moral, academic, artistic, and athletic excellence in a nurturing, family environment where students, teachers, and parents support one another.
- Westchester Country Day cultivates a caring, learning environment that fosters a strong sense of self-discovery.
- Supportive relationships among peers and a dedicated, accessible, and highly qualified faculty form important parts of the Westchester Country Day experience.
- The school provides a challenging college-preparatory academic program in core subjects and technology.
- Strong fine arts and athletic programs offer students a variety of ways to define their unique talents.
- The school's faculty deems critical the integration of moral growth with that of the intellectual and the physical. Finally, Westchester Country Day strives to instill students, staff, and parents with a sense of school community as well as the community at large.
- The school is committed to enrolling young men and women of strong character and academic promise who come from families of varied social, economic, religious, ethnic, and racial backgrounds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||422 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Collared Shirts, no t-shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$2,375 - $16,320|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Kerie Beth Scott|
|Admissions Associate||Ashley Timberlake|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CharlotteGrades: PK-12 | 1608 students
5800 Sardis Road
Charlotte, NC 28270
High PointGrades: PK-12 | 690 students
800 Phillips Ave
High Point, NC 27262
GreensboroGrades: PK-12 | 806 students
5041 Lawndale Drive
Greensboro, NC 27455
WaupacaGrades: 1-11 | 19 students
Po Box 192
Waupaca, WI 54981
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.