Grades: 9-12 | 425 students
- Established in 1920, Western Christian High School provides outstanding academics in a Christ-centered environment.
- WCHS boasts a 100% graduation rate with 95% to 100% of our gradutes accepted to the college or university of their choice.
- Western Christian High School is located on a beautiful campus in Upland, California.
- Besides the excellent classroom facilities with cutting-edge technology (including SmartBoards, iPads/tablets in the classroom) WCHS has a well-appointed gymnasium and beautiful athletic field.
- Western Christian has a moderate population of students who come from all over the world with a total enrollment of approximately 400 students in grades 9-12. WCHS offers over 14 Honors and AP courses with various extra-curricular activities, including S.T.E.M., CSF, NHS, NEHS, Interact Rotary International Service Club, Art Club, Ceramics Club, and Drama Club. Our international program currently hosts students from 7 different countries. WCHS students receive a global education where they are exposed to other cultures and beliefs.
- We believe that we are helping to create future world leaders.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||425 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP French, AP Government & Politics, AP Spanish, AP US History,|
|Average SAT score||1700|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,359|
|Tuition Notes||International students grade 9-12 pay a different tuition rate. Contact LNelson for details.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||John Attwood|
|Admissions Associate||Cris Kennedy|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Weightlifting, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Drama, Interact (Service Club), International Culture Club, Math Club, National Honor Society, Science Club Art Club, Drama, Math Club, Science Club, Interact (Service Club),
International Culture Club,
National Honor Society,
- Strong Academics Offerings
- Small Class Sizes
- Low Teacher-Student Ratio (average 18:1)
- Safe Environment
- Christ-Centered Community
- Diversity and Respect
- Dual Accreditation (WASC and ACSI)
- Highly Qualified Teaching Staff
- Cutting Edge Technology
- Championship Athletics
- International Program with 4 levels of ESL
Profile last updated: 08/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Rancho CucamongaGrades: K-12 | 598 students
10900 Civic Center Drive
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
RiversideGrades: 9-12 | 463 students
7085 Brockton Ave
Riverside, CA 92506
Rowland HeightsGrades: NS-12
18550 Farjardo St.
Rowland Heights, CA 91789
OntarioGrades: NS-12 | 1210 students
931 W Philadelphia St
Ontario, CA 91762
La VerneGrades: 9-12 | 136 students
3960 Fruit Street
La Verne, CA 91750
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.