Grades: PK-K | 67 students
- Welcome to The Wetherill School! Our warm and nurturing early childhood and kindergarten environments have been going strong for almost four decades.
- The Wetherill founders` belief in incorporating the best practices of the research and discoveries of several early childhood educators and philosophers, including Maria Montessori, into a rich, diverse, creative curriculum that educates the whole child-cognitively, socially and emotionally, and physically-has been upheld since 1976. Our state certified teachers welcome children in this first school experience and help them explore their world.
- Wetherill children learn through creative play using hands-on manipulative materials while learning to express themselves through many different media.
- Our teachers are masters of honoring children`s sense of wonder and guiding them toward self-discovery.
- Our secluded, peaceful location on a vast wooded property in Gladwyne provides many opportunities for outdoor exploration as well.
- Please explore our website to learn more about our philosophy and curriculum and contac tus to schedule a tour.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||3 Mornings (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) $6150 5 Mornings $8200 5 Mornings/2 Afternoons (Tuesday & Thursday) $10,260 5 Mornings/3 Afternoons (T, W, TH) $10,800 Full Day Kindergarten 5 AMs + 4 PMs (Monday-Thursday) Full Day Kindergarten 5 AMs + 5 PMs|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Marie Conti|
- Wetherill classrooms are equipped with Montessori and other didactic materials, as well as with a range of art supplies, blocks, and other materials for dramatic play and open-ended creative expression. Children also engage in real-life activities such as cooking and gardening. The curriculum is prepared in a systematic fashion that encourages each child to explore and create at his or her own level of development, gradually refining concepts and perfecting skills. We nurture the creative, social, emotional, and cognitive development of each child both indoors and out through a wide variety of hands-on experiences. Nature study with a specialist from Riverbend Environmental Education Center, small group instruction in Music and Creative Movement, Foreign Language, and special enrichment programs and field trips for Kindergarten students supplement the program. At Wetherill, we recognize that the needs of the young child are best served through close cooperation between parents and teachers. Regular conferences, open observations, use of parent expertise in the classrooms, and parent-run school events all contribute to the school`s family feeling. We also encourage active interchange among parents, staff, and professionals in the field of Early Childhood Education.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GladwyneGrades: NS-8 | 251 students
920 Youngsford Road
Gladwyne, PA 19035
ConshohockenGrades: 1-12 | 311 students
1200 River Road
Conshohocken, PA 19428
NarberthGrades: NS-K | 149 students
1500 Hagys Ford Road
Narberth, PA 19072
ConshohockenGrades: PK-6 | 152 students
2025 Harts Lane
Conshohocken, PA 19428
WynnewoodGrades: PK-KG | 79 students
24 Old Gulph Rd
Wynnewood, PA 19096
A hidden gem. Teachers have been there long term, they love their job and our kids. Have very exciting activiites/academics. Offer French, music, movement and visit each week by Riverbend enviornmental specialist. Work hard to bring out the best in each child. A small teacher/student ratio a big plus. Highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - anupr
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.