Grades: PK-6 | 398 students
- Whittier Christian Schools was established in 1947 as a ministry of Calvary Baptist Church of Whittier, California.
- Whittier Christian Schools is dedicated to excellence in Christian education developing disciplined, motivated students who are academically strong and have a personal faith in Christ and are equipped to affect the world for Him.
- Our purpose is to partner with families to educate students academically, socially, and spiritually in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
- "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." Our goals are to focus on our constituency's desire for spiritual growth, academic development, security, and expansion.
- We strive for continued improvement and quality of curriculum and programs so that students are strong, equipped for further education, based on a Biblical foundation in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild - Moderate Differences, Struggling Students Program|
|Total Students||398 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(several campuses offer school uniforms consisting of Docker style pants and shorts with logo polo shirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Annual tuition depends on program selected. Multiple day/length of day options in Preschool. Jr. High is separate campus from either elementary campus.|
National avg.: 85%
People that viewed Whittier Christian Schools-maybrook Campus also viewed these schools: St Benedict School.
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.