Grades: K-12 | 724 students
- Wildwood School is a K-12, co-educational, independent college preparatory day school located in West Los Angeles providing an education based on progressive principles.
- It serves a diverse student body and seeks to develop students who are critical thinkers, skillful collaborators, and compassionate leaders who are empowered to make a difference in their world.
- The elementary campus (grades K-5) is located at 12201 Washington Pl., LA, 90066. The elementary phone number is 310-397-3134.
- The middle and upper school campus (grades 6-12) is located at 11811 Olympic Blvd., LA, 90064.
- The phone number is 310-478-7189.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||724 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||102 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Algebra, Algebra, Algebra II, American Studies, Biology, British Literature, Calculus-based Physics, Chemistry, Contemporary World Literature, Environmental Science, Geometry, Human Rights, Modern U.S. History, Physics, Pre-Calculus, Spanish (4-years available with Honors available in all), Statistics, Western Civilization,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Oct. 29 / Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$24,025 for K-5; $29,975 for grades 6-12|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Chantelle Pierre|
|Admissions Associate||Jo Chapman|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Flag Football, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Climbing, Cycling, Film, Human, International, Knitting, Math, Math, NewsMagazine, Peer, Peer, Photography, SAGA, School, Sci-Fi, Student, Yearbook Choir, Climbing, Cycling, Film, Human, International, Knitting, Math, Math, NewsMagazine, Peer, Peer, Photography, SAGA, School, Sci-Fi, Student, Yearbook,|
- Elementary program:
- Our elementary classes offer a balanced program that meets individual and group learning needs.
- Field trips and service learning are woven into the core curriculum.
- We offer a daily After Care program and After School Enrichment classes.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade are combined in multi-age classes that Wildwood calls "Pods."
- Grades 2 through 5 are not multi-aged.
- League sports begin in 5th grade.
- Middle school program:
- Wildwood School's middle school program advances students' academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Small class sizes create a comfortable, safe space where students can explore their own identities and try out ideas.
- Teachers and staff serve as role models, and advisors provide a critical link between school and home.
- A program of core academics is enhanced with an emphasis on the development of organizational and study skills to prepare students for upper school grades.
- In middle and upper school, Wildwood Wolves compete in CIF league athletics, fielding several sports teams each season.
- Upper school program:
- Honors classes are available in 17 subjects.
- Juniors and seniors can take yearlong electives.
- Juniors and seniors participate in a robust 2-year internship program.
- The Wildwood Institute for STEM Research and Development (WISRD) offers a multi-year program in addition to core academics for students who want to study science, math, physics, and engineering in depth; connections with Cal Tech, JPL, NASA, and a host of mentors from the scientific community work with students throughout the year--including summer opportunities.
- Wildwood uses narrative assessments and student-led family conferences to track student progress and set goals.
- Our college counseling program has one of the lowest ratios of counselor to student: 25-to-1.
- Wildwood uses Naviance, an online college application program, to help students and families manage the college application process.
- Wildwood's advisory program is nationally recognized and taught internationally through the Wildwood Outreach Center.
- Students can find their unique passion through offerings in athletics, drama, visual arts, music, and leadership opportunities.
- Additionally, students can travel across the globe, learning about many different cultures through our International Community Involvement Program (ICI).
Profile last updated: 09/15/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 995 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Los AngelesGrades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Santa MonicaGrades: K-12 | 650 students
3131 Olympic Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Santa MonicaGrades: K-12 | 1159 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Culver CityGrades: NS-8 | 345 students
8780 National Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.