Grades: PK-12 | 174 students
Willamette Valley Christian School exists: To provide students with a Christ-centered education that maintains high academic standards in a safe nurturing environment; To partner with parents in the training and education of their children; To provide students with the spiritual and educational foundations that will enable them to be godly, knowledgeable, and courageous adults; and To equip students to impact their world for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Varies|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||11 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website: wvcs.org|
|Admissions Director||Carrie Reichelt|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Application Procedure:
- Use the following process to guide you through the application process. The following items need to be completed and turned in before the admission process can proceed:
- - Application for Admission Parent Survey Before/After School Care Form
- - (PK-8) Student Information Form
- - (6-12 ) Student reference forms
- - (6th-12th only) - one from a pastor or pastoral staff and one from a teacher
- - Nonrefundable application fee of $25 per student, submitted with application. This is for NEW STUDENTS ONLY. Returning students are not required to submit a new application and application fee.
- - Copies of current report cards, standardized test scores, specialized test results (e.g. IEP, 504 plan)
- Step one: Interested families should submit the items above
- Step two: A family interview and grade-level testing must be conducted before acceptance and placement. The office will contact families for available testing dates. Step three: Following notice of student placement, families must meet with the Finance Officer to complete and sign the Financial Agreement. Depending on the date of admission, the registration and comprehensive fees may be required at that time.
- Financial Assistance: A separate Financial Assistance Application must be completed and submitted with the $30 application fee, along with the Application for Admission. The admission process may be delayed if forms and fees are not turned in.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SalemGrades: PK-K | 156 students
1550 Fairgrounds Rd NE
Salem, OR 97303
SalemGrades: NS-PK | 53 students
685 Court Street Ne
Salem, OR 97301
SalemGrades: PK-5 | 200 students
395 Marion Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
I love the WVCS family! My daughter feels that this school is her second family. It is a small school, with an amazing family of teachers, students and parents!
- Posted by Parent - enigh
I have 2 children at WVCS and not only am I impressed by their academic standards, but the Biblical integration into all that they do. It truly is a family environment throughout all grade levels. I recommend this school to everyone I know from Preschool through 12th grade!
- Posted by Parent - cbcre
My family has been involved in WVCS for years and when I moved to the area and became familiar with it, I knew I could immediately call it home. I knew my kids would attend here, I knew I wanted to work here, and it has been a HUGE blessing! I get to work with amazing staff and be around great students and families. It is a community and second family. I also feel welcomed, supported and encouraged by the administration and board.
- Posted by Teacher - cbcre
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.