Grades: 1-12 | 87 students
Students work on the Fast ForWord Products, by Scientific Learning Corporation, as a part of their clinical instruction.
Willow Schools, formerly Bridges Academy, provides specialized instruction to students in grades 1-12 with diagnosed specific learning disabilities. Students participate in remedial learning activities selected to assist them in overcoming their learning deficits in reading, math, and written language. Willow Schools is accredited by Florida Council of Independent Schools and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Language -based learning disabilities|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,500|
|Tuition Notes||1st-7th Grades: $14,250 8th-12th Grades: $14,500|
|Admissions Director||Alicia Metz|
|Admissions Associate||Carla Brandt, M.S.|
- Students diagnosed with learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, auditory processing disorders, mild speech and language impairments, and related academic learning disabilities benefit greatly from a specially selected and designed curriculum which allows them to become successful learners.
- An Individual Education Plan (IEP) is developed for each student based on his/her academic and intellectual assessments.
- Student to teacher ratio is 10:1 - reading and math groups average 7:1
- Intensive remedial instructional programs and direct instruction are components of the students core instruction.
- McKay Scholarship and Gardiner Scholarship (perviously known as the Personal Learning Scholarship Account) funds are accepted.
Profile last updated: 03/09/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
848 Executive Dr
Oviedo, FL 32765
WilmingtonGrades: NS-12 | 573 students
3900 S College Road
Wilmington, NC 28412
LongwoodGrades: 2-12 | 156 students
3221 Sand Lake Rd
Longwood, FL 32779
MaitlandGrades: K-12 | 40 students
140 Tonina Cove Ste 100& 150
Maitland, FL 32751
OviedoGrades: NS-12 | 873 students
1500 Lukas Lane
Oviedo, FL 32765