Grades: 5-9 | 59 students
- The Wilmington Academy of Arts & Sciences (WAAS) in Wilmington, North Carolina is an independent private school for academically motivated and gifted students in grades four through eight.
- In partnership with supportive families, WAAS offers a challenging and nurturing environment for students of academic and personal promise.
- WAAS fosters the abilities, imagination and motivation of each student so that he or she may grow academically and personally.
- The Wilmington Academy of Arts & Sciences (WAAS) operates on the belief that children are successful in educational settings that are created to meet their specific needs.
- Meeting the middle school population's needs drives the school's format and structure; meeting each student's learning needs drives the daily lessons.
- Making a positive difference in the middle school years makes a positive difference in the rest of the student's life.
- The goal at WAAS is to create a learning environment that will do just that.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-9|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WilmingtonGrades: NS-12 | 616 students
3900 S College Road
Wilmington, NC 28412
WilmingtonGrades: KG-8 | 360 students
1013 Eastwood Rd
Wilmington, NC 28403
ShallotteGrades: K-9 | 46 students
Po Box 1988
Shallotte, NC 28459
WilmingtonGrades: NS-12 | 800 students
1401 N College Rd
Wilmington, NC 28405
WilmingtonGrades: PK-8 | 256 students
217 South 4th St.
Wilmington, NC 28401
Nearby Homes for Salerealtor.com™
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.