Grades: 5-9 | 59 students
- The Wilmington Academy of Arts & Sciences (WAAS) in Wilmington, North Carolina is an independent private school for academically motivated and gifted students in grades four through eight.
- In partnership with supportive families, WAAS offers a challenging and nurturing environment for students of academic and personal promise.
- WAAS fosters the abilities, imagination and motivation of each student so that he or she may grow academically and personally.
- The Wilmington Academy of Arts & Sciences (WAAS) operates on the belief that children are successful in educational settings that are created to meet their specific needs.
- Meeting the middle school population's needs drives the school's format and structure; meeting each student's learning needs drives the daily lessons.
- Making a positive difference in the middle school years makes a positive difference in the rest of the student's life.
- The goal at WAAS is to create a learning environment that will do just that.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-9|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WilmingtonGrades: NS-12 | 616 students
3900 S College Road
Wilmington, NC 28412
ShallotteGrades: K-9 | 99 students
Po Box 2328
Shallotte, NC 28459
WilmingtonGrades: NS-12 | 800 students
1401 N College Rd
Wilmington, NC 28405
WilmingtonGrades: PK-8 | 184 students
350 Peiffer Avenue
Wilmington, NC 28409
WilmingtonGrades: KG-8 | 360 students
1013 Eastwood Rd
Wilmington, NC 28403
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.