- WINDSOR BERGEN ACADEMY provides a quality education for children from Pre-K through grade 8, which allows students to overcome academic, social and emotional challenges through innovative programs focusing on academic success and high school readiness.
- Academic achievement and mainstreaming are realities for WBA.
- Classrooms feature a certified teacher with at least two classroom aides and twelve or less students in a class.
- The programs feature a strong, structured behavior modification system, counseling, speech, occupational therapy and parental communication.
- We provide quality education and build academic achievement and self-esteem in children with a history of under-achievement in school.
- We believe any child, despite, their presenting behavior and social background, wants acceptance, achievement, knowledge, and the ability to interact well with others.
- Our challenge is to unlock the potential of each student in a warm, nurturing environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Cheering,
- Windsor Bergen Academy (Grades K through 8) is a state-approved, nonprofit, private school located in Ridgewood NJ, for classified students who exhibit learning, behavioral and attention disorders and require a therapeutic environment to address their social, emotional, behavioral, and academic needs. It provides each student with an appropriate education in accordance with the NJ Administrative Code 6A:14; access to state-of-the-art Technology and instruction; as well as additional Counseling services; Occupational, Speech and Language therapy; and Clinical services.Our program reinforces positive behavior and allows students to experience the rewards of hard work.
- We support the individual needs of each student in class sizes limited to 12 students. Each class has a minimum of two assistants. The professional teaching staff is comprised of highly qualified, certified educators in all subject areas, including art, music and physical education. Weekly communication by phone is provided to every parent.
- By combining and utilizing different strategies, students are better able to know and understand what is expected of them.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FairfieldGrades: K-8 | 36 students
12 Hollywood Ave
Fairfield, NJ 07004
Mountain LakesGrades: 2-12 | 160 students
10 Tower Hill Rd
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
WayneGrades: 1-12 | 61 students
620 Valley Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
Pompton LakesGrades: K-8 | 162 students
230 Wanaque Ave 234
Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442
Lincoln ParkGrades: K-12 | 100 students
31 Chapel Hill Rd
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035