Grades: NS-8 | 280 students
- Woodland Hill Montessori, founded in 1965 as the Montessori School of Albany, is the only independent school in the Capital Region providing the internationally renowned Montessori education for children ages 18 months -14 years of age.
- Woodland Hill Montessori School encourages an inner love of learning.
- Using specific Montessori methods, creativity and natural curiosity are fostered and individual academic excellence is stressed.
- Montessori children are empowered to make decisions and take responsibility from an early age.
- They develop strong self-images and confidently face challenges.
- Montessori is a peace-based education, focusing on global and cultural awareness, cooperation, and respect.
- WHMS is accredited by the American Montessori Society, NAIS and NYAIS and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for the Toddler program starts at $5,500. Tuition for pre-K through K is $11,865, grades 1 through 8 ranges from $12,175 to $13,250. Limited need based financial aid is availible.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,850|
|Admissions Director||Kris Gernert-Dott|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||African Drumming, Band, Chess, Chinese, Chior, Community Service, Latin, Newspapaer, Science Bowl, Skiing, Spanish, Sports Teams, Suzuki Violin, Theater, Yearbook Band, Chess, Chinese, Chior, Latin, Newspapaer, Science Bowl, Skiing, Spanish, Sports Teams, Suzuki Violin, Theater, Yearbook, African Drumming,
- Woodland Hill Montessori School is the Capital Region`s only independent school providing the internationally renowned Montessori program for children ages 18 months -14 years old. We were founded in 1965 as the Montessori School of Albany by parents searching for a school that would recognize and develop the immense potential within all young children. The elementary program was added in 1986 to serve 6-12 year old children. In 2001, MSA began offering middle school education. In December of 2003, MSA moved to a beautiful, custom designed school on 11 wooded acres in North Greenbush. To celebrate our move to the new location, we changed our name to the Woodland Hill Montessori School.In 2012 the school added a toddler program for children 18-36 months old. Woodland Hill Montessori School is committed to providing a nurturing and cooperative learning environment where children are challenged to reach their intellectual, physical and creative potential. The Montessori method is based upon a deep respect for the child as an individual and is designed to stimulate each child`s natural curiosity and love of learning. We invite you to visit and observe the engaging academic environment in our classrooms, the interaction between students, and the unique role of our skilled Montessori teachers. The best way to understand the Montessori difference is to experience it first hand! Please contact Kristine Gernert-Dott, Director of Admissions at 518-283-5400 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WynantskillGrades: PK-8 | 133 students
4254 Ny Highway 43
Wynantskill, NY 12198
East GreenbushGrades: PK-8 | 167 students
54 Highland Dr
East Greenbush, NY 12061
AlbanyGrades: PK-8 | 60 students
8 Elm St
Albany, NY 12202
SlingerlandsGrades: K-8 | 50 students
12 Fisher Boulevard
Slingerlands, NY 12159
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.