Grades: NS-8 | 348 students
- What We Do | Mission We embrace academic excellence, spiritual development, social consciousness, community collaboration, and a positive self-concept. Ideas We Live By | Core Operating Principles We provide a safe, nurturing, and Christ-centered learning environment.
- We believe education as a collaborative effort among teachers, students, and their families.
- We seek to prepare our students to be contributing and productive members of society.
- We commit our community to the aim of seeing each child succeed to the greatest of his or her abilities. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||yes, Gifted & support for learning difficulties|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(School Unifor Required in Grades K-8)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,658|
|Tuition Notes||Little Woodland (2 year old) 7500 Full-time Pre-Kindergarten $6706 (part) /10439 (full) Junior Kindergarten $10439/full-time Senior Kindergarten $10972 Grades 1 - 5 $11898 Grade 6 $12356 Grade 7 - 8 $12856|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Tim Tatum|
|Admissions Associate||Patty Hudson|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Baseball, Soccer, Football, Cross Country, Basketball, Chorus, percussion, wind, class performances, drama performance,, Tech Art, Creative Art, Rocketry Challenge, Music, Fitness, and Stock Market Game Baseball, Soccer, Football, Cross Country, Basketball,
Chorus, percussion, wind, class performances, drama performance,,
Tech Art, Creative Art, Rocketry Challenge, Music, Fitness, and Stock Market Game,
- How We Do It
- Educational Philosophy Woodland values the importance of
balancing the many aspects of a child`s life and chooses
experiences intended to foster the individual growth of the
intellectual, spiritual, creative, physical, social, and emotional
- Woodland grows the potential of each child through differentiated instruction, small class sizes, and a challenging, yet supportive educational curriculum.
- Woodland`s dedicated faculty believes in building a strong partnership with the child`s family and school community to facilitate continuous growth.
- individualizes and differentiates teaching and learning
- celebrates the potential in every student, in and out of the classroom
- develops spiritual growth encourages social relationships
- recognizes student successes and failures as growth opportunities
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MemphisGrades: PK-6 | 637 students
4025 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38111
MemphisGrades: NS-8 | 218 students
5296 Park Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119
MemphisGrades: PK-12 | 861 students
1381 W Massey Rd
Memphis, TN 38120
GermantownGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
Germantown, TN 38138
MemphisGrades: PK-6 | 178 students
1106 Colonial Road
Memphis, TN 38117
My children have attended WPS since pre kindergarten and have thrived. Their teachers have consistently proven their commitment to providing an optimal environment for learning and character development. I continue to be pleased with how my children are cared for and challenged.
- Posted by Parent - Joann Bell
Everything and everybody at Woodland is amazing! We have been there for 6 years and our kids love it! The teachers are dedicated and caring and really love to teach. The entire staff provides individualized attention and care by getting to know each child and showing interest in their well being. Woodland is a nurturing environment where our kids continue to flourish. And our head master, Adam Moore, is the best. He is involved in all of the day to day aspects of the school and we love his leadership and enthusiasm.
- Posted by Parent - Ami Wittber
My children have been at Woodland for 5 years now and I am continually impressed with the quality of the teachers and staff. It is obvious that they truly care about their students and their students success both in and out of the classroom. I am so thankful that my children can be a part of the Woodland Community.
- Posted by Parent - Sonya P
Woodland has been and still is an excellent choice for our family! There is a tremendous focus on developing the WHOLE child academically, socially and spiritually. The curriculum is designed to reach every student with special attention to individualized instruction, personal responsibility and independence. Opportunities to nurture extracurricular talents are also available through their diverse sports and creative arts programs. We are confident that when the time comes to transition to high school, our daughter will be thoroughly prepared and successful.
- Posted by Parent - T. Miller
We are very pleased with choosing Woodland for our children. It is a small close-knit school where children's individual growth is fostered. Woodland truly helps our boys grow academically and socially each year.
- Posted by Parent - Beccaflo
Great School, great community of people that really care about a students individual growth.
- Posted by Parent - adama
Woodland has been the best choice for my kids! I am thrilled with their academic and social growth each year! I love the small family atmosphere of the school! It is definitely worth taking a look at!
- Posted by Parent - bfclo
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.