Grades: PK-9 | 189 students
- “Academic Excellence in a Christ-Centered Environment” The purpose of Word of God Academy is to focus on the Ten Biblical Principles of Kingdom Education and to assist Christian parents in educating, equipping, and encouraging their children to embrace these principles; to strive for academic excellence and model Christ-like leadership in the home, church, and the community for the next generation. We are parents, educators and administrators who have a conviction that we shouldn't have to choose between an excellent education or a Christian environment.
- We believe our children need and deserve both.
- We are committed to offer an excellent education in a Christ centered environment.
- We believe in parents and the importance of their involvement in their child's class and education and input in the school.
- We want to partner with parents to raise students that are prepared to excel, lead, and impact the world for Christ.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,300|
|Tuition Notes||For 2013 school year, please go to the following link for updated tuition information: http://wogacademy.org/#/admissions/tuition-info|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Charlette Baker|
- EDUCATIONAL GOALS AND OBJECTIVES Word of God Academy (WOGA) exists because of the belief that Christian parents should have the opportunity to give their child a quality education based on Kingdom Education. Our school views itself as a ministry of Word of God Ministries and seeks to teach the greater Caddo – Bossier - DeSoto community for Christ. Word of God Academy’s students will acquire wisdom, knowledge and a Biblical worldview as evidenced by a lifestyle of character, leadership, service, stewardship, and worship. Therefore, the aim of Word of God Academy is to aid each student to grow in understanding God and man; to develop one’s capabilities to the highest degree; to become mature and develop one’s capabilities to the highest degree; to become mature and complete and live life to its fullest in Christ. School Curriculum includes: Singapore Math, Accelerated Reader and Story Town, Summit Ministries Building on the Rock Bible Curriculum, Science Companion Science Lab, Physical Education provided by SpeedWorks Sports Academy, Art, Music, Spanish NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY Word of God Academy admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the academy. The academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid, and other academy-administered programs.
Profile last updated: 10/13/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ShreveportGrades: KG-12 | 1085 students
9333 Linwood Ave
Shreveport, LA 71106
ShreveportGrades: K-9 | 335 students
533 Ockley Dr
Shreveport, LA 71106
Bossler CityGrades: PK-12 | 540 students
4525 Old Brownlee Rd
Bossler City, LA 71111
ShreveportGrades: PK-8 | 423 students
1100 Southfield Rd
Shreveport, LA 71106
ShreveportGrades: PK-8 | 514 students
1210 Anniston Ave
Shreveport, LA 71105
Love this school! Our children receive great one on one attention in the small classes. The christian environment is warm & safe. Parent involvement is excellent!
- Posted by Parent - chRIS
Our children have been so happy at this school. The classes are small & each child receives so much individual attention. The administration is excellent. I also love the PTF. There's so many opportunities to be involved. The Christian atmosphere is awesome!!
- Posted by Parent - CHRIS
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.