Grades: NS-6 | 212 students
- The World Class Learning Academy, New York is a diverse, internationally focused learning community dedicated to developing a broad world view in our students.
- WCLA offers benchmarked, highly personalized learning in an academically rigorous setting.
- The global focus of our students’ education is rooted in the international curricula used throughout the school.
- Students learn in a personalized, interactive environment that allows them to participate fully in their own education, acquiring skills they will need for a future that is vastly different than the world today.
- The flexibility of our curriculum allows teachers to take greater advantage of the environment around them, using the city as a classroom and drawing on the experiences of our diverse student and parent community.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,750|
|Tuition Notes||Twos' Program: $9000 Nursery Programs: Monday-Friday $15,750 (Half Day: 8:30 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.) $25,250 (Full Day: 8:30 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.) Reception (PreK): $28,250 Year 1 (Kindergarten) - Year 6 (Grade 5): $35,750 In addition, there three o|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Clare Parry|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Fencing, Gymnastics, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBasketball, Fencing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Basketball Club, Brass Band, Chess Club, Soccer Club Brass Band, Chess Club, Soccer Club, Basketball Club,
- At World Class Learning Academy, New York, we understand that learning, understanding how we learn, problem solving, and the ability to harness skills and knowledge are the keys to success. World Class Learning students achieve well beyond the expectations for their age and ability.
- World Class Learning Academy, New York is a student-driven, supportive school that takes a broader and deeper world view, preparing children to become confident participants in their learning. World Class Learning Academy belongs to Nord Anglia Education and is part of an International family of 27 schools around the world. Our growing network of international schools delivers exceptional standards of academic and personal learning and develops in our students an international perspective that will enable them to thrive in the 21st century.
- Nord Anglia Education is the leader in the international provision of high quality, innovative education, training and guidance. Founded in 1972, we have developed extensive experience of managing schools and working with governments to raise standards and improve educational achievement.
Profile last updated: 05/20/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-8 | 150 students
211 West 61st Street
New York, NY 10023
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 280 students
219 Stanton Street
New York, NY 10002
New YorkGrades: NS-8 | 265 students
20 Waterside Plaza
New York, NY 10010
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 306 students
587 Main St
New York, NY 10044
New YorkGrades: PK-8 | 231 students
593 Park Ave and 150 W 83
New York, NY 10065
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.