- Wye River Upper School is a non-profit, college preparatory, independent high school for grades 9-12 located in Centreville, MD. We serve bright students, bound for college and post secondary education, with ADHD, dyslexia and other unique learning styles.
- Our Philosophy is shaped by our guiding belief in the power of each students' unique talents, skills, interests and goals.
- Our students benefit from structure, low student/teacher ratios, an inclusive social environment, targeted academic support, the right level of challenge to prepare them for college and life after high school.
- Our students are from nine Maryland counties, including Anne Arundel, Prince George's, Howard, Baltimore, Kent, Queen Anne's,Talbot, Caroline and Dorchester.
- We offer a daily shuttle bus service between our campus and various counties in Maryland.
- "Wye River has made all the difference in his life. He is now feeling good about himself and is planning on going to college. I am more impressed by your teachers every time I see them. They are inventive, creative and full of energy! Their love of learning is infectious." WRUS Parent.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD / ADHD, dyslexia, aspergers, language processing deficits, anxiety|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(khaki pants, collared shirt of any color, belt, polishable shoes, gender neutral)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,000|
|Tuition Notes||WRUS offers financial aid to qualified applicants and flexible payment options.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Katie Theeke|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||College Advisory Program, Dance Classes, Drama Program, Martial Arts, Performing Arts- Music and Drama, Running Dance Classes, Drama Program, Martial Arts, Running, College Advisory Program,
Performing Arts- Music and Drama,
- Wye River Upper School is a non-profit, college preparatory, independent high school for grades 9-12 located in Centreville, MD. We support students with learning differences, including ADD / ADHD, dyslexia and other learning differences. Our supportive and inclusive environment has helped students to suceed and grow in confidence especially those struggling with anxiety. We offer: low student/teacher ratios, targeted academic support, morning exercise for all students, interscholastic sports, music and fine arts and guidance for college and career planning. Transportation is provided to a variety of stops in several Maryland counties. Wye River is a rolling admissions program and applications are accepted year-round.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CentrevilleGrades: 9-12 | 189 students
PO Box 200, 911 Gunston Rd
Centreville, MD 21617
MillersvilleGrades: 8-11 | 7 students
648 Old Mill Rd
Millersville, MD 21108
Severna ParkGrades: 6-12 | 595 students
201 Water St
Severna Park, MD 21146
CrownsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 643 students
680 Evergreen Road
Crownsville, MD 21032
AnnapolisGrades: 1-12 | 170 students
1277 Green Holly Drive
Annapolis, MD 21409
Wonderful school with focused individualized instruction tailored to the learner's strengths. My daughter has developed amazing writing skills that will serve her well in college. This school definitely provides opportunities for experiential learning as well as traditional classroom instruction.
- Posted by Parent - Mom