Grades: 9-12 | 882 students
- As a Catholic, college preparatory school sponsored by the Xaverian Brothers, Xavier endeavors to form a man who is challenged academically, spiritually alive, physically sound, and technologically aware.
- Our academic, religious, service, athletic and extracurricular programs are constructed to reflect a community centered on Judeo-Christian values.
- Members of the Xavier community support each student in his growth as a human being.
- Xavier instills in each student a sense of responsibility for using his God given talents and gifts to the best of his ability.
- Be a man is the motto of Xavier High School, summing up the educational mission of our school.
- This motto, often extended to, "Be a man.
- A man like Jesus," is central to our philosophy, and is reflected in how we work with students to realize maturity and the dignity of the human spirit.
- To achieve this goal we guide all students in educational and vocational needs, helping them prepare for college, for work, and above all, for life itself.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||882 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,700|
|Admissions Director||Brother Thomas Fahey, C.F.X.|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WaterburyGrades: 9-12 | 698 students
587 Oronoke Rd
Waterbury, CT 06708
ManchesterGrades: 9-12 | 654 students
115 New State Rd
Manchester, CT 06042
WaterburyGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
142 S Elm Street
Waterbury, CT 06706
FairfieldGrades: 9-12 | 904 students
1073 N Benson Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824
West HartfordGrades: 9-12 | 587 students
29 Wampanoag Drive
West Hartford, CT 06117
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.