Grades: PK-K | 42 students
- Yale School Southeast Inc are state-approved private schools for children with special needs.
- We provide specialized, highly individualized instruction to elementary, intermediate, and secondary school students.
- Y.A.L.E.'s mission is to provide a safe, structured, enriched environment that meets each student's educational needs and helps each student develop the knowledge and skills needed to perform as a self-sufficient and responsible citizen.
- We believe that by meeting each student's academic and social needs, we help prepare students to succeed in the community. To make our goals a reality, our curriculum systematically emphasizes the development and generalization of learning, social, and community skills.
- Our philosophy is to systematically use applied behavior analysis to help students make meaningful academic and social progress and to help them become more productive and independent.
- We use ongoing, direct, data-based measures to carefully monitor children's progress and adjust academic programs to match each child's current needs and levels of performance.
- We also use a variety of instructional strategies to teach students to understand and properly respond to various social cues and social situations.
- To help students apply and generalize what they learn in school, we provide them with numerous community experiences. This includes instruction in "real life" settings such as parks, libraries, restaurants, supermarkets, and health clubs.
- These experiences help prepare them to succeed outside of school.
- Because there is always more to learn, Y.A.L.E. personnel frequently discuss learning issues with members of the Professional Advisory Board.
- Y.A.L.E.'s Board consists of leading professionals from major universities around the country.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
I''ve never seen such a kind and caring group of educators! Children are loved and guided here. Because they feel safe and secure, they learn and they thrive! Highly recommend! My son hated school before but loves YALE school! It has changed his life.
- Posted by Parent - Carol
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.