Grades: K-8 | 66 students
- Zuni Christian Mission School is a lot like most other elementary schools.
- But dig a little deeper and you will find a school with unique opportunities and exceptional challenges.
- Through Christian mission education, Zuni children will be planted in Biblical Truth and surrounded by God's Grace.
- The ZCMS mission is implemented through educational programs and support services that include the following aspects Quality K-8th Education ZCMS is fully accredited in the State of New Mexico through Christian Schools International, governed by a local board of Zuni Christians and staffed by certified mission-driven educators.
- The teacher:student ratio is about 1:12.
- With the exception of kindergarten, combined-grade classrooms give teachers the opportunity to work with the same children for two consecutive years.
- Throughout the year, there is an active volunteer tutoring program.
- Thus, each child is given individualized attention, Child Safety: Parents consistently testify that ZCMS's safe and nurturing learning environment are primary reasons for selecting ZCMS for their children.
- A school counselor is available to the children and their parents, Affordable Costs: The cost of education is distributed in such a way that even families with low or unsteady incomes can readily afford ZCMS. About 50% of families of ZCMS students earn under $14,000 per year, Tuition Work Credit Program: 50% of families of ZCMS students perform work assignments at the school to pay off some of their responsibility towards tuition, Zuni Literacy: All students develop cultural pride and language competency in the Zuni language through the school's Zuni Literacy Project, Well-Rounded Education: ZCMS provides an up-to-date computer lab, a versatile library and enrichment activities in art, music, sports, field trips, and after-school programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 50%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ZuniGrades: PK-8 | 154 students
Po Box 486
Zuni, NM 87327
GallupGrades: PK-12 | 37 students
Po Box 58
Gallup, NM 87305
GallupGrades: PK-12 | 232 students
515 Park Ave
Gallup, NM 87301
GallupGrades: K-12 | 33 students
Po Box 2984
Gallup, NM 87305
RehobothGrades: PK-12 | 502 students
Po Box 41
Rehoboth, NM 87322
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.