Academy of Language and Arts of Sonoma
- The Academy of Language and Arts of Sonoma is a private Spanish Immersion & Cultural Arts Day School for Kindergarten-2nd grades, with plans to grow through 8th grade. The emphasis is on individual and small-group exploration of the Spanish language through the arts, while exceeding the California Department of Education Common Core State Standards.
- Through the acquisition of a second language your child will be better prepared for the global economy, and he or she will gain an appreciation for our diverse community.
- Our small class size allows for an accelerated curriculum that engages the students in the Spanish language, and provides individualized attention that allows the students the freedom to ask, explore and enjoy their learning experience.
- Children learn Spanish through subjects such as science, math, gardening, cooking, storytelling, art, dance and singing.
- Our cultural arts program nurtures creativity, problem solving and critical thinking skills, as well as developing the child's self-expression and self-confidence. In addition, we integrate character education into our curriculum in order to help our students practice respect, responsibility, positive thought structures, and globally-minded leadership skills.
- Mission Statement :To inspire and engage children in learning the Spanish language, thus expanding their ability to communicate with a larger community, expanding professional/career opportunities in their futures, and instilling in them an appreciation for our diverse community.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-2|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- ¡Bienvenidos! We are excited to bring Sonoma County a true Spanish language immersion school that will inspire students for years to come. We know how important it is for a child to fluently speak a second language and our highly qualified and caring teachers are committed to creating an environment where a child is excited to learn.
- The Academy of Language and Arts of Sonoma offers an extraordinary learning environment focused on strong educational goals. Our students learn critical thinking and problem solving skills, math, reading, and writing through physical interaction incorporating the five senses. We employ the mediums of music, dance, painting, sculpture, gardening and culinary expression. Each student is provided with a nurturing, fertile framework intent on inspiring them while surrounding them with rich cultural diversity. We understand a child’s beliefs and character are formed by the environment in which they are active participants. We integrate character education into our curriculum in order to help our students practice respect, responsibility, positive thought structures and globally-minded leadership skills.
- We are dedicated not only to instilling the pursuit of excellence into each student, but also the knowledge that they have the power to change the world around them. Every child deserves to know they are valued and that what they offer the world is valued as well. Our small class sizes allow your child to get individualized attention, allowing them to absorb the educational experience in a warm, fun and welcoming setting. Your child will will take joy in attending the Academy of Language and Arts of Sonoma, where they are welcomed and valued for who they are.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Rosa Grades: PK-6 | 76 students
1569 Brush Creek Rd
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
(707)539-7980 2.5 PK-6
- Santa Rosa Grades: PK-8 | 313 students
4300 Old Redwood Highway
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
(707)545-0379 3.8 PK-8
- Santa Rosa Grades: K-9 | 37 students
431 Humboldt St
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
(707)528-0721 0.1 K-9
- Santa Rosa Grades: PK-12 | 374 students
655 Willowside Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
(707)575-7194 5 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.