Academy Of Scholastic Achievem
- The Academy of Scholastic Achievement, Inc., a Youth Connection Charter School Campus (YCCS), is a non-profit, public alternative high school committed to providing a quality education to high school dropouts and students who are disconnected from traditional public schools.
- Founded in 1978 and accredited by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), ASA is a member of the Alternative Schools Network (ASN).
- We serve at-risk students, between the ages of 15 and 19, and we provide them with a holistic educational program rooted in academic rigor and personal, social development.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Alternative School Network|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||194 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Cassandra Covington|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChicagoGrades: 10-12 | 177 students
1231 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60623
- ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 141 students
1135 N Cleaver St
Chicago, IL 60642
- ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 345 students
5088 W Jackson Blvd
Chicago, IL 60644
- ChicagoGrades: 10-12 | 180 students
5352 W Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60651
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.