Academy Of Scholastic Achievem
- The Academy of Scholastic Achievement, Inc., a Youth Connection Charter School Campus (YCCS), is a non-profit, public alternative high school committed to providing a quality education to high school dropouts and students who are disconnected from traditional public schools.
- Founded in 1978 and accredited by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), ASA is a member of the Alternative Schools Network (ASN).
- We serve at-risk students, between the ages of 15 and 19, and we provide them with a holistic educational program rooted in academic rigor and personal, social development.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Alternative School Network|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||194 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Cassandra Covington|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 10-12 | 177 students
1231 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60623
(773)762-2272 1.3 10-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 31 students
11400 S. Edbrooke
Chicago, IL 60628
(773)785-3500 14.7 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 20 students
10211 S Crandon Ave
Chicago, IL 60617
(773)582-8820 14.9 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 10-12 | 146 students
3121 N Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60641
(773)252-0970 4 10-12
- Chicago Grades: 10-12 | 144 students
5352 W Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60651
(773)626-6988 1.4 10-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.