Academy360 Lower School and Academy360 Upper School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (973) 509-3050
Academy360 Lower School and Academy360 Upper School Photo #3 - Annual middle school trip to Sandy Hook.
Academy360 Lower School and Academy360 Upper School Photo #4 - We offer many support services including ABA, PT, OT, and Speech and Language departments.
- Our mission is to provide the highest quality educational and therapeutic programs for individuals with learning, language and social/emotional challenges to achieve their maximum potential as responsible adults in society; recognize and value the individuals` unique abilities, learning styles and differences; and serve as a leader in promoting innovative educational programs.
Academy360 Lower School and Academy360 Upper School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||autism, ADD/ADHD, language based etc.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Tuition and transportation paid for by sending school district.|
|Total Students||237 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition and transportation paid for by sending school district, although private pay may be arranged under some circumstances.|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Culinary Arts, Film Making, Girl Scouts
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance, Theatre Arts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Spectrum360's two NJ state Department of Education approved special education schools, Academy360 Lower School (Pre-K to 9th grade) in Verona, NJ, and Academy360 Upper School (10th grade to age 21) located in Livingston, NJ, offer educational services for students across the autism spectrum. With 128 students at our lower school and 136 at our upper school, we are among the largest providers of private special education for students on the spectrum in northern NJ, currently serving over 95 school districts. Spectrum 360 challenges expectations for children, adolescents, and adults across the full spectrum of autism and related disabilities through innovative special education, employment supports, and community-building. We do not define individuals by their disabilities. Using evidence-based approaches, we push the boundaries of traditional programs and services, helping each person we serve to discover unique talents, develop self-worth, and maximize opportunities for independence, self-direction, citizenship, and community integration. Our Values: We see individuals. We do not define people by their disabilities. We value, educate, and support the "whole person." We offer students and adults similar opportunities to those available to their typical peers. We use evidence-based practices tailored to meet each individual's needs. The community is our classroom - we value and engage in community-based instruction and integration. We serve individuals across the full spectrum of autism. We work to create a deep sense of belonging and connection for the individuals we serve, their families, our staff, and our supporters. We work to develop strong positive peer relationships and community connections. As the field of autism is ever-changing, we research and implement innovative programs, services, supports, and strategies. As such, we are thought-leaders, offering education, training, support, and guidance to families, other educators, and the broader autism community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bloomfield Grades: K-12 | 90 students
60 West St
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
(973) 429-8110 3 K-12
- Wayne Grades: 1-12 | 79 students
620 Valley Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
(973) 633-3837 7.5 1-12
Our son who is 17 has been a student at TCI since he was 5 years old. We feel extremely fortunate that he has been a part of the TCI program throughout his school years. TCI has worked with us and our son to overcome his challenges and they work with him to reach his highest potential. Although there have been a couple of teachers who we weren't thrilled with (over the 12 years he’s been at TCI), the vast majority of TCI’s staff are absolutely incredible. TCI does a great job of teaching each student based on their individual needs and potential. We are excited about their adult program, The Center for Independence, and the possibility of our son continuing to grow with TCI's programs.
- Posted by Parent - cammy
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?