Academy360 Lower School (Formerly The Children's Institute)
5.00 (1 review)
- We serve individuals with autism spectrum disorder, behavioral and related disabilities.
- Our mission is to provide the highest quality educational and therapeutic programs for individuals with learning, language and social/emotional challenges to achieve their maximum potential as responsible adults in society; recognize and value the individuals` unique abilities, learning styles and differences; and serve as a leader in promoting innovative educational programs.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||autism, ADD/ADHD, language based etc.|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$61,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition paid for by sending school district, although private pay may be arranged.|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Culinary Arts, Film Making, Girl Scouts, Tennis Culinary Arts, Film Making, Girl Scouts, Tennis,|
- Spectrum 360 challenges expectations for children, adolescents, and adults across the full spectrum of autism and related disabilities through innovative special education, employment supports, and community-building. We do not define individuals by their disabilities. Using evidence-based approaches, we push the boundaries of traditional programs and services, helping each person we serve to discover unique talents, develop self-worth, and maximize opportunities for independence, self-direction, citizenship, and community integration. Our Values: We see individuals. We do not define people by their disabilities. We value, educate, and support the "whole person."We offer students and adults similar opportunities to those available to their typical peers.We use evidence-based practices tailored to meet each individual`s needs. The community is our classroom - we value and engage in community-based instruction and integration.We serve individuals across the full spectrum of autism.We work to create a deep sense of belonging and connection for the individuals we serve, their families, our staff, and our supporters.We work to create strong positive peer relationships and community connections.As the field of autism is ever changing, we research and implement innovative programs, services, supports, and strategies. We are thought leaders, and as such, offer education, training, support, and guidance to families, other educators, and the larger autism community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- FairfieldGrades: K-8 | 36 students
12 Hollywood Ave
Fairfield, NJ 07004
- BloomfieldGrades: K-12 | 90 students
60 West St
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
- WayneGrades: 1-12 | 77 students
620 Valley Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
- DenvilleGrades: NS-12 | 111 students
230 Diamond Spring Road
Denville, NJ 07834
- SummitGrades: 7-12 | 278 students
1 Beverly Rd
Summit, NJ 07901
Our son who is 17 has been a student at TCI since he was 5 years old. We feel extremely fortunate that he has been a part of the TCI program throughout his school years. TCI has worked with us and our son to overcome his challenges and they work with him to reach his highest potential. Although there have been a couple of teachers who we weren't thrilled with (over the 12 years he’s been at TCI), the vast majority of TCI’s staff are absolutely incredible. TCI does a great job of teaching each student based on their individual needs and potential. We are excited about their adult program, The Center for Independence, and the possibility of our son continuing to grow with TCI's programs.
- Posted by Parent - cammy
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.