Accotink Alternative Learning Center
- Accotink Learning Center is a certified by the Virginia Dept. of Education and a VACIEF member.
- A program designed for students with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Aspergers Syndrome.
- Small classroom ratios, certified teaching staff and therapeutic support staff of Clinical psychologist, Speed therapist and OT available.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All learning disabilties|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Inforced Uniform Policy)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$63,000|
|Tuition Notes||3:1 ratio with certified special education teachers and assistants (LEA Funded)|
|Admissions Director||James Corley|
|Admissions Associate||Ann Warnke|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Softball,|
- Full Time IEP
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Springfield Grades: 2-12 | 93 students
8519 Tuttle Rd
Springfield, VA 22152
(703)451-8041 0.1 2-12
- Annandale Grades: 1-12 | 200 students
7010 Braddock Rd
Annandale, VA 22003
(703)941-8810 4 1-12
- Fairfax Grades: 3-12 | 45 students
11230 Waples Mill Road, Ste. 100
Fairfax, VA 22030
(703)591-1146 7.4 3-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.