Tel: (212) 316-9353
- Aichhorn School offers approved New York state curriculum for grades 7 through 11 in Language arts, social studies, science, math, art and physical and health education.
- School's mission is to provide our youngsters with the academic, social and vocational skills necessary for them to return to their communities as self-sufficient adults.
- All the children at the Aichhorn School are certified as special education students in need of related services.
- The primary diagnostic category for students at Aichhorn is emotional disability.
- The education of the residents at Aichhorn is a major part of their psychiatric treatment and teacher's daily conduct reports and monthly progress reports are a meaningful part of each child's treatment planning.
- Teachers participate in each student's monthly comprehensive treatment planning meetings and have an important role in the implementation of each youngster's academic and clinical plans.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: Inquire with school | 121 students
353 W 17th St
New York, NY 10011
(212) 929-8660 4.5 Inquire with school
- New York Grades: 1-12
252 West 29th Street 3rd Floor. New York, NY 10001
New York, NY 10001
(212) 256-0846 3.9 1-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.