- Aichhorn School offers approved New York state curriculum for grades 7 through 11 in Language arts, social studies, science, math, art and physical and health education.
- School's mission is to provide our youngsters with the academic, social and vocational skills necessary for them to return to their communities as self-sufficient adults.
- All the children at the Aichhorn School are certified as special education students in need of related services.
- The primary diagnostic category for students at Aichhorn is emotional disability.
- The education of the residents at Aichhorn is a major part of their psychiatric treatment and teacher's daily conduct reports and monthly progress reports are a meaningful part of each child's treatment planning.
- Teachers participate in each student's monthly comprehensive treatment planning meetings and have an important role in the implementation of each youngster's academic and clinical plans.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.