- Aichhorn School offers approved New York state curriculum for grades 7 through 11 in Language arts, social studies, science, math, art and physical and health education.
- School's mission is to provide our youngsters with the academic, social and vocational skills necessary for them to return to their communities as self-sufficient adults.
- All the children at the Aichhorn School are certified as special education students in need of related services.
- The primary diagnostic category for students at Aichhorn is emotional disability.
- The education of the residents at Aichhorn is a major part of their psychiatric treatment and teacher's daily conduct reports and monthly progress reports are a meaningful part of each child's treatment planning.
- Teachers participate in each student's monthly comprehensive treatment planning meetings and have an important role in the implementation of each youngster's academic and clinical plans.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-9 | 185 students
353 W 17th St
New York, NY 10011
New YorkGrades: PK | 37 students
255 W 71st St
New York, NY 10023
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 35 students
350 E 82nd St
New York, NY 10028
New YorkGrades: 9-12 | 206 students
154 E 70th St
New York, NY 10021
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?