- Aichhorn School offers approved New York state curriculum for grades 7 through 11 in Language arts, social studies, science, math, art and physical and health education.
- School's mission is to provide our youngsters with the academic, social and vocational skills necessary for them to return to their communities as self-sufficient adults.
- All the children at the Aichhorn School are certified as special education students in need of related services.
- The primary diagnostic category for students at Aichhorn is emotional disability.
- The education of the residents at Aichhorn is a major part of their psychiatric treatment and teacher's daily conduct reports and monthly progress reports are a meaningful part of each child's treatment planning.
- Teachers participate in each student's monthly comprehensive treatment planning meetings and have an important role in the implementation of each youngster's academic and clinical plans.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.