Alexander Preparatory School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Alexander Preparatory School Photo #2 - Our students express themselves in their unique, creative ways.
- Alexander Preparatory School is a private school for students in grades 5 through 12 living in and around Cumming, Georgia.
- The most important question that prospective parents have is, "How can I determine if your school is the right one for my son or daughter " Our students often possess the following characteristics: they are divergent thinkers of average to gifted intelligence; they are hands-on and experiential learners; they're engaged and self-motivated with families that are involved; they're self-disciplined, college bound and diverse.
Alexander Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences, ADHD, Dyslexia|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Average SAT score||1152|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,976|
- Alexander Preparatory School's mission is "To provide students with a rigorous experiential, multi-sensory learning environment that will not only prepare them for all their future endeavors but will also enable them to become responsible, viable members of the school and the greater community."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cumming Grades: PK-12 | 255 students
1390 Weber Industrial Dr.
Cumming, GA 30041
(770)888-6705 13.1 PK-12
My daughter joined Chrysalis after two difficult years in middle school. Within a few weeks, we saw what can only be described as a miraculous change in both attitude and interest in school. She went from a child who barely graduated from the 7th grade to someone who is engaged in and excited about learning again. Although only time will tell if this enthusiasm continues throughout the school year, we are truly grateful for the encouraging start. And we believe that we have the Staff at Chrysalis to thank. They have put together a thoughtful program that helps kids grow academically, emotionally and spiritually. If you find that your child is struggling in public school, please give Chrysalis a call. It is very likely you will reach Dr. Roy Alexander personally to explain how the school can help your child.
- Posted by Parent - pqflo
My son wasn't happy with his public school. He felt he was expected to be like everyone else, and was being bullied. We saw that the public school would not address the issues we brought to their attention. Chrysalis Experiential Academy offered a learning environment that embraces his individuality, offers teaching more than just your normal classes, but also tries to incorporate what you child is interested in learning. Since the average classroom is considerably smaller, each child feels comfortable with the other students, becomes confident in who they are, and are able to function very well under less stressful conditions. It's a great school that has a lot to offer. We (his parents) and my son loved it right away and knew this was the place for him!
- Posted by Parent - jille
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.