Alexander Preparatory School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Chrysalis Experiential Academy is a private school for students in grades 6 through 12 living in and around Cumming, Georgia.
- The most important question that prospective parents have is, "How can I determine if your school is the right one for my son or daughter " Our students often possess the following characteristics: they are divergent thinkers of average to gifted intelligence; they are hands-on and experiential learners; they're engaged and self-motivated with families that are involved; they're self-disciplined, college bound and diverse.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Average SAT score||1152|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,976|
- Chrysalis Experiential Academy's mission is "To provide students with a rigorous experiential, multi-sensory learning environment that will not only prepare them for all their future endeavors, but will also enable them to become responsible, viable members of the school and the greater community."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AtlantaGrades: 7-12 | 50 students
8725 Dunwoody Pl Ste 2
Atlanta, GA 30350
- Peachtree CornersGrades: K-12 | 1130 students
5405 Spalding Dr
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
- RoswellGrades: 3-12 | 16 students
700 Hembree Place Suites A&B
Roswell, GA 30076
- AtlantaGrades: 6-12 | 200 students
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
- RoswellGrades: 4-12 | 164 students
700 Grimes Bridge Road
Roswell, GA 30075
My daughter joined Chrysalis after two difficult years in middle school. Within a few weeks, we saw what can only be described as a miraculous change in both attitude and interest in school. She went from a child who barely graduated from the 7th grade to someone who is engaged in and excited about learning again. Although only time will tell if this enthusiasm continues throughout the school year, we are truly grateful for the encouraging start. And we believe that we have the Staff at Chrysalis to thank. They have put together a thoughtful program that helps kids grow academically, emotionally and spiritually. If you find that your child is struggling in public school, please give Chrysalis a call. It is very likely you will reach Dr. Roy Alexander personally to explain how the school can help your child.
- Posted by Parent - pqflo
My son wasn't happy with his public school. He felt he was expected to be like everyone else, and was being bullied. We saw that the public school would not address the issues we brought to their attention. Chrysalis Experiential Academy offered a learning environment that embraces his individuality, offers teaching more than just your normal classes, but also tries to incorporate what you child is interested in learning. Since the average classroom is considerably smaller, each child feels comfortable with the other students, becomes confident in who they are, and are able to function very well under less stressful conditions. It's a great school that has a lot to offer. We (his parents) and my son loved it right away and knew this was the place for him!
- Posted by Parent - jille
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.