Altamonte Montessori School
- The basic principle of the Altamonte Montessori School is that each child carries within himself the potential of the adult he will become.
- In order to develop his physical, spiritual, and intellectual powers, the child must have freedom a freedom that is achieved through order and self-discipline.
- In the Montessori environment, each child is allowed to move and talk at will, and to work alone or in groups, with the understanding that the feelings and rights of others must always be respected.
- The overall aim, then, is to develop within the child a love of learning and a thirst for knowledge that will remain with him long after the regular school day or, indeed, the school years are over.
- The mission of Altamonte Montessori School is to provide a quality education for children based on the philosophy and principles developed by Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Education is a joyful, lifelong process based on a solid academic foundation.
- Employing the philosophy and materials of Maria Montessori provides a unique alternative to traditional schools, both public and private.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Deland Grades: PK-8 | 170 students
509 E Pennsylvania Avenue
Deland, FL 32724
(386)736-3632 25.9 PK-8
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.