AltSchool Brooklyn Heights
AltSchool is a place where creativity and exploration come together with rigor, purpose, and structure.
At AltSchool, we are cultivating the next generation of lifelong learners who possess the knowledge, strength of character, creativity, and drive to impact the modern world.
Our educators put students at the center of their own learning by equipping them with the knowledge, skills, and awareness to advocate for themselves. As agents of their own learning, AltSchool students are creating the change they want to see in the dynamic environments around them.
Students learn and are assessed on non-academic life skills with the same level of rigor as core academic knowledge.
Accepting applications for Pre-K - 4th grade for the 2019-2020 school year (a few places are still available for 2018-2019).
Please submit an application by December 31, 2018 to receive an admissions decision in February 2019 (rolling admissions after that date).
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-4
- Students: 42 students
- Yearly Tuition: $33,100
- Application Deadline: Dec. 31 / rolling
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Dec. 31 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
2018-2019 annual tuition for lower school is $33,100.
Our small, community-based campus supports the development of deeply enriching relationships between students, educators, and families. We explore the following areas:
- Personalized Project-Based Learning: Educators use a proven cycle of learning that aligns with how children learn best.
- Multi-Age Programs: Two-year age bands replace traditional grades; our programs challenge and support students at their individual level of knowledge and skills.
- Learning Beyond School Walls: Small, community-based campuses blur traditional boundaries between school and community. Exploring the community and bringing experts into our schools grounds learning in real-world experiences.
- A Whole-Child Approach: A deep learner profile for each student that goes beyond grades and test scores, incorporating knowledge, skills, and habits-and evolves with your child.
- A Bigger Purpose: Students and parents contribute to co-creating a platform that not only powers our schools but also aims to improve education for all children.
Endorse AltSchool Brooklyn Heights. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.