- AltSchool offers a whole-child, personalized education to prepare students for their future by developing self-awareness, nurturing their innate capabilities, and fostering collaboration skills.
- Our educators engage students by involving them in their own learning and incorporating project-based learning to help students develop initiative and take responsibility for their education.
- Students learn and are assessed on non-academic life skills with the same level of rigor as core academic knowledge.
- We are accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year. Please submit an application by January 8, 2017 to receive an admissions decision by mid-March 2017.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 8|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,750|
|Tuition Notes||2016-17 monthly tuition for Middle School is $2675, with a 10-month minimum year.|
|Admissions Director||Dan Rosenthal|
At AltSchool, we believe a whole-child, personalized education supports each student as an individual learner. Our educational approach is:
- Child-centered: A focus on student agency and reflection fosters a growth mindset and a culture of iteration, which allows students to take ownership over their own learning.
- Purposeful and motivating: An inquiry-driven and real-world inspired learning cycle allows students to construct knowledge and acquire skills around problems and projects that are personally meaningful.
- Goal driven: Ongoing documentation and assessment set the milestone benchmarks from which to discuss growth, gaps, and goal setting.
- Flexible: Student leveling, pacing, and grouping affords each student both collectively-shared and individualized learning experiences.
It is very exciting to have both of my boys in the pilot program of this innovative school. Their teaching philosophies really resonated with me. My own education was based in project-based learning, so to see the AltSchool educators embark upon this same methodology with my kids was great. My kids absolutely love school now and they both look forward to going every day. I love that they have put art, music, foreign language and sports back into the curriculum. My older son was not getting this in the public school system. They also use field trips as a way to focus learning around specific subject matters. I have seen them use field trips and incorporate history, math, science and social studies in RELATION to the field trip. This makes learning VERY personal and very interesting for children. My children are also able to progress at their own speed, so if they want to move ahead of classmates, they have the freedom to do so. The teachers are passionate and committed to knowing each child and working with them closely to foster their love of learning and to help them find their own passion in life. I think this is a great model for education and think that AltSchool will produce great thinkers and problem solvers.
- Posted by Parent - ashik
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.