Amazing Grace Christian School: A Microsoft Showcase School
- AGCS applies Harvard University's Mind, Brain, and Education theoretical model for education on this early childhood campus. 3rd - 10th at our other campus in downtown Renton named Renton Prep.
- Access to a high speed broadband data provider is required for online homework. Amazing Grace offers an accelerated academic program that requires students to be able to perform at least 1 year above grade level.
- Kindergarten uses 1st grade curriculum, 2nd grade uses 3rd grade curriculum, etc.
- All students participate in a comprehensive Fine Arts program including, dance, art, music, drama and public speaking.
- Pre-K - Kindergarten use digital tablets in the classroom for selected topics. 1st through 2nd graders use Microsoft Surface tablet/laptops for access to online data and for individual and collaborative projects.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,396|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. David-Paul Zimmerman|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel Huggins|
- 3rd - 10th grade on new campus in Downtown Renton
- Ethnic and Religious Diversity (26 ethnic groups represented)
- 12 Christian Faith Traditions Represented Represented
- Non-Christian Faith Traditions Welcome
- All Students Participate in Christian Bible Study
- Emphasis on Respect, Common Courtesy and Self-Discipline
- Emphasis on Incorporating Fine Arts throughout Curriculum for All Students
- Emphasis on Public Speaking
- Mind, Brain, and Education Philosophy of Education
- Uncompromising in terms of expecting students to develop a "hard work ethic".
- Commitment to preparing students with global perspectives
I went to this school for 2 years. Those 2 years changed my life. AGCS is a small Christian school. That doesn't mean it's not competitive. I was pushed, not to compete against my peers, but to compete against myself. My teachers always knew when I could be putting more effort into the work. When my parents enrolled me, I was skeptical. I didn't want to go. I had a really bad attitude. That changed very quickly. I learned to love school. I was introduced to music and dance, I learned to love reading, went on countless field trips, felt accepted by my classmates and valued by my teachers. I graduated from the UW School of Nursing with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing. My 4th and 5th grade years at Amazing Grace remain my most formative and enjoyable years of schooling.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Sofia
best school ever!! over 30 field trips last year!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jakel
Great school to challenge all, both parents and kids. Love the diversity and the culture. My 4th grader finally loves school!
- Posted by Parent - marla