Amazing Grace Christian School
- AGCS applies Harvard University's Mind, Brain, and Education theoretical model for education.
- Access to a high speed broadband data provider is required for online homework. Amazing Grace offers an accelerated academic program that requires students to be able to perform at least 1 year above grade level.
- Kindergarten uses 1st grade curriculum, 3rd grade uses 4th grade curriculum, etc.
- All students participate in a comprehensive Fine Arts program including, dance, art, music, drama and public speaking.
- Pre-K - Kindergarten use digital tablets in the classroom for selected topics. 1st through 3rd graders learn using a school issued business class Lenovo hybrid tablet/laptop while 4th -10th graders use Microsoft Surface 3 tablet/laptops for access to online data and for individual and collaborative projects.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Total Students||287 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
- Newly Opened Middle/High School Campus in Downtown Renton
- Ethnic and Religious Diversity (26 ethnic groups represented)
- 12 Christian Faith Traditions Represented Represented
- Non-Christian Faith Traditions Welcome
- All Students Participate in Christian Bible Study
- Emphasis on Respect, Common Courtesy and Self-Discipline
- Emphasis on Incorporating Fine Arts throughout Curriculum for All Students
- Emphasis on Public Speaking
- Mind, Brain, and Education Philosophy of Education
- Uncompromising in terms of expecting students to develop a "hard work ethic".
- Commitment to preparing students with global perspectives
Profile last updated: 08/16/2015
best school ever!! over 30 field trips last year!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jakel
Great school to challenge all, both parents and kids. Love the diversity and the culture. My 4th grader finally loves school!
- Posted by Parent - marla