- ENGAGING THE MIND | FORMING THE HEART | INSTRUCTING THE WILL. Ambleside is a Christ-centered K-8 school located in McLean, Virginia, that applies the philosophy of British educator Charlotte Mason.
- In partnership with the family, we encourage children to discover and embrace God`s truth, to link knowing with doing and to love learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||~ Tuition is $7,750 for Kindergarten. ~ Tuition is $10,050 for Grades 1-5. ~ Tuition is $10,300 for Grades 6-8.|
- At Ambleside School, we believe that God creates each child with a natural hunger for knowledge and that the mind is fed by ideas more than by facts and information. These ideas, which inform our conscience and the choices that we make, find their source in God Himself, and are communicated to us through His Word, through people of the past and present, and through His creation.
- Education properly understood is not merely the assimilation of data and technique; it is the mind feeding on ideas given expression in God`s creation, great art, beautiful music, and "living books." Real learning occurs when students engage with novelists, poets, philosophers, scientists, mathematicians, artists, musicians, historians, and explorers; they wonder, asking why and how.
- Our aim is to train students in the habits of learning so they can acquire knowledge for themselves and to fuel their God-given hunger for ideas.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria Grades: PK-12 | 1133 students
1000 Saint Stephens Road
Alexandria, VA 22304
(703)212-2730 12.1 PK-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.