American School For The Deaf
- The American School for the Deaf is a premier private shcool for deaf and hard of hearing children.
- The American School for the Deaf (ASD) is the brithplace of American Sign Language.
- For more than 200 years, we have prepared deaf and hard of hearing students not only for high school diplomas, but for their whole lives.
- We focus on developing the whole child- intellectually, emotionally, physically and socially - with an unwavering commitment to maximizing each student's potential.
- At ASD, we celebraete opportunities and potential, and help students overcome challenges and break down barriers.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
Other school association(s)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Del Conte|
|Admissions Associate||Jenilee Pedimonti|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Black Student Union, CT Youth Forum, Dance Club, Jr. CAD, LatinX Club, Outdoor Adventure Club, PeaceJam, Photography, Student Life Council
- Founded in 1817, the American School for the Deaf was the first permanent school for the deaf in the United States and a nationally renowned leader in providing comprehensive educational programs and services for deaf and hard-of-hearing students.
- ASD embraces an American Sign Language/English Bilingual approach to provide our students with a dual language foundation in both American Sign Language and English. This approach integrates American Sign Language, speech, auditory training, reading, writing, and the use of assistive devices to enable our students to achieve true language and communication literacy and become successful, lifelong learners.
- ASD is equipped with the latest technology to provide students with total access to language this includes signing, captioning, and advanced digital systems to assist students with hearing aids and cochlear implants. We firmly believe that the use of sign language is also critical to ensure that our students benefit from communication access in all environments. Exposing children to a communicatively accessible environment at the earliest possible age results in language development and academic success. The bilingual approach will foster this accessible environment while providing our students with the tools to achieve fluency in two languages.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed American School For The Deaf also viewed these schools: The Learning Center For The Deaf.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Framingham Grades: PK-12 | 205 students
848 Central St
Framingham, MA 01701
(508)879-5110 76.8 PK-12
this school is really cool to learn about I learned tons of stuff about this school I never even knew :D
- Posted by Parent - angel