Archbishop Howard School
- Archbishop Howard School provide strong academic programs that are integrated with strong Catholic values, a sense of family, and community outreach.
- Our dedicated and highly trained teachers and support staff, working in partnership with equally dedicated stakeholders, are committed to sharing the vision and mission of our school.
- Our model language arts program, the Writing Road to Reading, begins in Kindergarten and is integrated through the fifth grade.
- This program, along with high expectations for student learning, opportunities for faith development, a newly updated computer lab, and a versatile music program, provides a strong foundation for our students academically and spiritually, preparing them for the future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: K | 90 students
4210 Ne Going St
Portland, OR 97218
(503)422-3608 1.1 K
- Portland Grades: NS-6 | 151 students
205 NE 50th Ave
Portland, OR 97213
(503)688-2992 1.2 NS-6
- Portland Grades: K-8 | 83 students
5520 NE Killingsworth Street
Portland, OR 97218
(503)288-6403 1.4 K-8
- Portland Grades: 9-12 | 54 students
1704 Ne 26th Ave
Portland, OR 97212
(503)280-1058 1.5 9-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.