Ascension Lutheran School
- Ascension Lutheran School in Torrance offers a strong academic program in a safe, caring, Christian environment for kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Our curriculum in state approved and aligned with both state and national standards.
- Additionally, our curriculum includes religion and fine arts (music and art).
- We are a small school with excellent student-to-teacher ratios, averaging 12-15 students per teacher.
- We also offer before and after school care for our students (SAC).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki or navy pants/polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,291|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten = $3718 Grades 1-8 = $5291 Preschool = please call for programs & pricing Discounts applied for more than 1 child per family|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Jessica Schlotter|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Choir, Guitar, Handbells, MathCounts, Watch Me Draw, Watch Me Sculpt Art, Choir, Guitar, Handbells, MathCounts, Watch Me Draw, Watch Me Sculpt,|
- At Ascension Lutheran School, the teachers have the opportunity to merge these two disciplines--teaching academics and proclaiming Jesus Christ. In the Bible, it says, "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it." Every day we pray for God's guidance in teaching your child for the future God has planned for them. School has always been one of my favorite activities. I love the excitement of learning, the joy of discovery, the camaraderie of friends and classmates. I started teaching Sunday School when I was in high school. It was a classroom setting where the most important message was taught--Jesus is the Savior of the world. ---Carol Woods, Principal---
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TorranceGrades: K-8 | 504 students
2900 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90503
- TorranceGrades: K-8 | 240 students
2371 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90501
- Harbor CityGrades: K-12 | 52 students
25302 S. Vermont Avenue
Harbor City, CA 90710
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.