- Ascension Lutheran School in Torrance offers a strong academic program in a safe, caring, Christian environment for kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Our curriculum in state approved and aligned with both state and national standards.
- Additionally, our curriculum includes religion and fine arts (music and art).
- We are a small school with excellent student-to-teacher ratios, averaging 12-15 students per teacher.
- We also offer before and after school care for our students (SAC).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(khaki or navy pants/polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,291|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten = $3718 Grades 1-8 = $5291 Preschool = please call for programs & pricing Discounts applied for more than 1 child per family|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Jessica Schlotter|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Choir, Guitar, Handbells, MathCounts, Watch Me Draw, Watch Me Sculpt Art, Choir, Guitar, Handbells, MathCounts, Watch Me Draw, Watch Me Sculpt,
- At Ascension Lutheran School, the teachers have the opportunity to merge these two disciplines--teaching academics and proclaiming Jesus Christ. In the Bible, it says, "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it." Every day we pray for God's guidance in teaching your child for the future God has planned for them. School has always been one of my favorite activities. I love the excitement of learning, the joy of discovery, the camaraderie of friends and classmates. I started teaching Sunday School when I was in high school. It was a classroom setting where the most important message was taught--Jesus is the Savior of the world. ---Carol Woods, Principal---
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TorranceGrades: K-8 | 504 students
2900 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90503
TorranceGrades: K-8 | 240 students
2371 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90501
Harbor CityGrades: K-12 | 52 students
25302 S. Vermont Avenue
Harbor City, CA 90710
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.