Ashley Hall School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Ashley Hall provides a challenging and rewarding academic environment for girls and young women.
- A rigorous curriculum, taught by exceptional faculty, is customized specifically for the ways girls learn and ensures an outstanding education and a competitive advantage in today's world.
- Ashley Hall produces an educated woman who is independent, ethically responsible, and prepared to meet the challenges of society with confidence.
Ashley Hall School places among the top 20% of private schools in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||682 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||85 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP 2D Studio Art and Design, AP American Government, AP Art History, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP French, AP Microeconomics, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Biology, AP English, AP Physics, AP US History,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 6 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||Please see school website for grade-specific tuition information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
|Admissions Director||Carolyn Newton|
|Admissions Associate||Grace Jorgensen|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Ashley Hall provides a challenging and rewarding academic environment for girls and young women. A rigorous curriculum, taught by exceptional faculty, is customized specifically for the ways girls learn and ensures an outstanding education and a competitive advantage in today's world. Ashley Hall produces an educated woman who is independent, ethically responsible, and prepared to meet the challenges of society with confidence.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Grades: 1-12 | 908 students
300 Albemarle Rd
Charleston, SC 29407
(843)556-3620 1.4 1-12
- Charleston Grades: PK-8 | 192 students
888-A King St
Charleston, SC 29403
(843)577-4495 0.5 PK-8
- Charlottesville Grades: NS-12 | 893 students
2132 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434)296-5106 372 NS-12
As a graduate and a parent of 2 recent graduates, I can not say enough about this school. It empowers girls to believe in themselves while understanding the power of giving back to the community. What is learned on this beautiful campus in the urban setting of historic Charleston is as much academic as it is esoteric. The institution is constantly doing research on how girls learn best and implementing changes constantly to serve their students. It is a dynamic place where next generation science and humanities courses are taught under oak trees that are 100s of years old and technology is second to none. There award winning arts and sports programs provide students with the challenges appropriate for this competitive world!
- Posted by Parent - RRO
We love Ashley Hall. Our daughter is in 9th grade and is thriving. What a wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of a freshman
This year is my third year attending Ashley Hall and from day one there was such a strong bond between the faculty and students. The school I attended prior to Ashley Hall had me feeling detached and lonely due to the large class numbers and the many disruptive peers. I remember the painful emotions I felt after realizing I was in the wrong place. From there I realized I had to move on to a school where more students value their education. I researched Ashley Hall myself because I desperately wanted a more wholesome community and an academically challenging curriculum. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to attend AH and for the relationships I have established with the school and surrounding community. This environment is like no other I have experienced before; it is utterly supportive and encourages each individual to constantly look for and cultivate their own passion.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - drenn
Ashley Hall follows its mission and produces an educated woman who is independent, ethically responsible, and prepared to meet the challenges of society with confidence.
- Posted by Administrator - stewa
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.